View Poll Results: Do you use App World?

Voters
73. Register free to vote on this poll
  • I love App World and use it often!

25 34.25%
  • App World is a memory hog and I only download it when I need another app, then promptly delete it once I get what I need!

25 34.25%
  • I hate App World, if the only way to get an app is through App World then I guess I will never get that app!

19 26.03%
  • What's App World?

4 5.48%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I voted that i loved app world but i dont, but the poll was phrased ... BlackBerry News forum

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Advertisement

I voted that i loved app world but i dont, but the poll was phrased in such a way that you had to choose love or hate it pretty much. There are plenty of people that dont have any major issues like myself I am ok with it. If you want a closer to accurate poll rephrase it. I have had minor things that bug me and I wish it was designed a lil better but all in all i still think it does more good than harm, I hated the days where i needed to go and sign up to be a member of like 6 sites to get all my apps. A central depository is a nice idea, the major idea i have on this issue is that they should make app world be able to run from your PC that way you can browse easier and when you select the apps you want to install you hit a button on DM and it sends the request to rim and rim sends you the pin message to download it, in addition to havin a streamlined app on the phone that communicates with the dm. That way it would reduce the time stress and comsumption on the phones resources.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, what a painful memory hog it is to use. And the switching of a device can cause difficulty to reestablish all your apps. But I have to say it's such a cool concept anyway. :|

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't use App World very often

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone have any answers as to how to retrieve App World when it disappears? I've seen this listed in several places on Pinstack, but not with any answers.

No it isn't hidden. No it isn't in a hidden folder. Yes it is listed in the Applications List. How do I access it so I can download apps properly???

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Rachael, the one time that happened to me, I tried the good ol' battery pull first, which didn't work for me, so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling AppWorld. A pain, but it worked.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Rachael, the one time that happened to me, I tried the good ol' battery pull first, which didn't work for me, so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling AppWorld. A pain, but it worked.
    That's what it ultimately came to for me as well.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

almedajohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use it occasionally but not regularly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123