View Poll Results: Do you use App World?

Voters
73. Register free to vote on this poll
  • I love App World and use it often!

25 34.25%
  • App World is a memory hog and I only download it when I need another app, then promptly delete it once I get what I need!

25 34.25%
  • I hate App World, if the only way to get an app is through App World then I guess I will never get that app!

19 26.03%
  • What's App World?

4 5.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jblackfish - it's like this. I see BB App World as a "necessary evil" on ... BlackBerry News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Jblackfish - it's like this. I see BB App World as a "necessary evil" on any BB.
    It's not that great, absorbs lots o memory, takes time to load up, and I don't like
    the fact of it "archiving"...and I hate the fact that my freedom to choose who I buy a
    product from, from which site, is dictated to me. It's a no-no!
    So, what do I do ? Only use it when it's needed. And it's almost never !
    Cheers bud !
    BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301

mrossfive no está en línea Stack level 1
    The application is blocked by policy for me so if that is the only way to get an app, then I am out of luck.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I voted, but, I couldn't even get app world to work on 5.0.190 OS. I guess I don't need to worry about anymore since moving to the iPhone.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I downloaded a few free apps and then archived them. My main issue is that it's a memory hog (along with BBM 5.0)
    I deleted BBM 5 off of my 8120 because it was such a large application. It was not worth the amount of memory that it took to have it. BBM 5 is fine on the newer generation devices that have more memory. App World just isn't worth installing on first generation BB's as well due to using to much memory. I didn't like having sluggish Berries..

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Funny that this got revived, even funnier....my app world issues are still not resolved. I ended up testing and troubleshooting, sending in event log files with a case number to RIM, the first technical adviser said the problem was over his head and escalated it higher up and there is still no word on if they know what's wrong or when it will be fixed, it's been 2 months now.

Well right now I'm playing with OS 5.0.0.230 on my 8330 and app world really doesn't work at all on that.....nevermind just missing apps....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I chose to delete App World and keep BBM 5.0. I have gotten used to my iPod Touch that I feel I no longer need App World. I also deleted a bunch of apps I no longer need. I kept PinStack and Tweeteev. Now I just need to delete vendor themes I don't use and I'll be good to go.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    pdxmatts
    you'll have a wonderful time with iPhone App Store...although my argument remains the same. I don't particularly like to buy products from a single supplier, especially Apple, since it's a bitch to transfer them to another phone... the app store syndrome has a knack to force clients to remain VERY loyal to them, get my drift ? Don't like that ...!
    Sorry to hear you're going to the "other side". You'll be back...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Im already having fun with the App Store. Purchased 107 apps and waiting to add more. I'm looking forward to the change myself. Besides I'm having so much fun with my iPod Touch that I don't think I'll have any problems transitioning to the iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C146 Safari/528.16

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have app world on my phone n will go through programs n get stuff free it works good on my phone so I just left it
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't love app world I just think its ok
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    The thing that I was having a problem with on app world was the archiving. When I would delete an app the archive file would stay of course because that's what it is supposed to do. Okay, but when I didn't want the archived file and tried to delete it, it wouldn't delete. Even on DM like some of the stackers suggested, the apps that are archived on my phone didn't show up in my list.

Now with the .19 I haven't had that problem. I delete the app, it archives, I go into app world and delete the archive file and its gone from my device. Nothing more said. I have thought about getting rid of app world but I do use it periodically to see what kind of new stuff they have.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Its been a love/hate relationship for me since I cannot get rid of the notification!!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have you looked in your messages and stuff? Just have to ask.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's super slow, and definitely not as fun as Apple's app store... Partially because it's not as aesthetically pleasing and there just aren't very many exciting apps. For example, someone needs to create a photo editing app that has tools for sharpening, healing and sharpening... Just saying I might find the BB App World more exciting if it had a few more creative apps like Apple does.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I voted that "I hate App World, if the only way to get an app is through App World then I guess I will never get that app!" but I also want to put in an honourable mention to App World being a memory hog. I would never keep that on my phone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast