View Poll Results: Do you use App World?

Voters
73. Register free to vote on this poll
  • I love App World and use it often!

25 34.25%
  • App World is a memory hog and I only download it when I need another app, then promptly delete it once I get what I need!

25 34.25%
  • I hate App World, if the only way to get an app is through App World then I guess I will never get that app!

19 26.03%
  • What's App World?

4 5.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK, as the title says, this is part rant and part poll. I have been ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Question BlackBerry App World Rant/Poll

Advertisement

OK, as the title says, this is part rant and part poll. I have been battling with BlackBerry App World issues for weeks now. These problems first started when the new updates to App World were released which allowed viewing lists of paid/free apps, archiving apps to media card and other improvements. The problem is that ever since Aug. 2nd I have had issues with various apps not appearing on App World. These are apps that prior to the update, I was able to view and download them through App World, but now a search for them says none found.

These are some very common apps like Slacker, Pandora, iHeart Radio, Poynt, the Thumbplay Music Store and more. If I go to the desktop version of App World it says these apps are available for my device and carrier, but if I send myself a link to them on my BB to open in the BB version of App World, it opens them but says that they are NOT available for my device and carrier. So I decided to post about my issues on the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums. My first post about the issue was on Aug 2nd(that's me, BBcrazed) and I was promptly contacted via PM by one of the RIM BlackBerry Technical advisors who asked me for some info about my device and carrier and said it was strange an he would look into it. I have over the last several weeks gotten several replies that they are looking into it but that's it.....29 days later and no resolution, no reply at all for the last week. Perhaps that's because I had the nerve to say that I thought 3 weeks with no fix was poor customer service....

But it also got me thinking, why am I the only one complaining?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hmm? I confess I voted

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I voted that I only download it when I need something and get it the heck off of my phone right away. If I had a better phone I would keep it, but it's a big memory drain so I can't.

The fact that it's been up for hours and only a few votes speaks volumes....nobody seems to really care about app world. I have always leaned towards choice 2, but was really hoping to use the archive feature. The problem is that the apps I want to archive I can no longer get on app world! Super frustrated with RIM right now!
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There wasn't a choice to fit how I feel about it. I don't seem to have memory issues with it, but do have the same problem as azstar with certain apps not showing up.

It is just like everything else I have watched RIM release over the past year or so (Not ready for Prime Time). We have seen more updates to OS...etc but there seem to be more issues with fewer fixes with the high turn around on Devices, Operating Systems and other things. Maybe its RIMs attempt to make up for such long waits in the past but I would rather wait than have a piece of junk device that I have to constantly fix myself.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I can only guess sense I don't use it. (voted #4). It's frustrating I'm sure and of course most know that frustration drove me away even though I still hold interest b/c it's a great device. Maybe they lack staff and the knowledge on how to implement such a Store.
    What stands out to me is how so many people comment on the App and it's performance. That would be one App i would expect to run almost perfect on the phone, after all it's theirs.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I downloaded a few free apps and then archived them. My main issue is that it's a memory hog (along with BBM 5.0), so I delete App World as soon as get what I want (due to the limited memory on the 8120). But I was reading in the Help section, if I want to reinstall an app archived from my memory card, I have to have App World on my phone. I thought you didn't have to have it installed if the archived apps were on the card. I may test that theory if I decide to return to the BlackBerry from the HTC Touch Pro 2.

To unarchive/reinstall you need App World, the program that unarchives it is built in.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i dont use this one...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm surprised at the low vote count too. I voted immediately (#2 but leaning toward #3) and thought it'd get more numbers. I saw it on Twitter and came over to vote. BTW, I think it's a pathetic excuse for an application from RIM for application access. IMO It'll never compete with other app sales vehicles until it's revamped to work better, faster and actually have the apps it's supposed to have on it out there.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

harnak no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am ani-app world....its slow and useless...all apps are available without it...well almost all apps...

Stupid memory/device hogg!!

H

I think I'm right in saying many of the aps available on App World ARE NOT available elsewhere.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

harnak no está en línea Stack level 1
    jblackfish....I get all of my apps recently at http://blackberryappsforfree.com and they seem to have all of the free apps you can get in app world....as for paid apps im unsure....but i dont see why you cant get them elsewhere...

H

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    App World was updated yesterday to .19 I'm not sure what enhancements were made because RIM has again not released a change-log, but it seems a bit faster to me and when I uninstall a program and delete the archive, it's gone totally now.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I have to admit that I used it yesterday on my 8330 to pick up an app and it DID seem a bit better than in the past. I deleted it when I was finished tho - still not keeping it on my phone.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast