Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by srl7741 RIM needs to make several changes in order to make App ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    RIM needs to make several changes in order to make App World successful.

0. Start over and keep it simple.
    1. Stop releasing so many of the same model phones. Value their Core (2-4 phones) minus the Storm which is their future.
    2. Stop releasing so many different versions of the same OS (Geez) How many different versions of any OS are there on the market? (I lost count)
    3. Stop tailoring to the carrier, make it about RIM and not the carrier. Each carrier gets their own special BB Model and OS.

If they don't make some serious changes in 2010 they are going to see the Android Market and Phones pull away some serious customer numbers. I just don't see it happening and I'm going to predict 2010 will be a bad year for them. People want products that not only work but are easy to use. Catering to the Business user is a dead end and seriously limits their profits among other things.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.
    Basically you want them to turn into Apple

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    no that would be worse. I do want them to change tho.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    RIM needs to make several changes in order to make App World successful.

0. Start over and keep it simple.
    1. Stop releasing so many of the same model phones. Value their Core (2-4 phones) minus the Storm which is their future.
    2. Stop releasing so many different versions of the same OS (Geez) How many different versions of any OS are there on the market? (I lost count)
    3. Stop tailoring to the carrier, make it about RIM and not the carrier. Each carrier gets their own special BB Model and OS.

If they don't make some serious changes in 2010 they are going to see the Android Market and Phones pull away some serious customer numbers. I just don't see it happening and I'm going to predict 2010 will be a bad year for them. People want products that not only work but are easy to use. Catering to the Business user is a dead end and seriously limits their profits among other things.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.
    Very good points I especially agree with #3, more and more its all about the phone and not the carrier so RIM should readjust their focus there.

Haha RIM become like Apple? Yeah that would suck lol.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    lol agreed

sugarhoodie no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't even have app world installed on my Tour right now. The supposed "upgrade" that was launched only displays currency in euros on my phone and I have been unable to downgrade ever since. I would NEVER and have never purchased an app from app world in US dollars...let alone in euros
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12