Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks MS. That worked.... BlackBerry News forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Thanks MS. That worked.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got it installed , but get this error every time I try to run it.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/resending service books/battery pulls and nothing works.

I also checked permissions, but there is no option to change any permissions for this app...grrr
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, got a bit to play with this and here's what I've found.

1) You cannot install/run applications from the SD card (boooo!)
    2) The overall interface is much faster
    3) It will check to see if upgrades for your apps are available. If they are, it will display a notification icon on your top bar, and allow you to upgrade in the 'My World' tab.
    4) It has the ability to 'Archive' applications on your SD card to install later, much like a backup. Once you do this, it places an icon on your home screen, allowing you to 'Restore' the application to the device.
    5) It includes a new tab in the search feature to sort results by rating, price, vendor, etc.
    6) It displays a memory bar at the top, telling you how much device memory is still available.
    7) PayPal functionality still seems broken if your password contains special characters.

Overall, the application is a little friendlier and faster. The only advantage I can see at the moment to the archive feature would be to backup an app you do not use often and restore it as necessary. I cannot seriously see anyone archiving all of their apps they use regularly and restoring them each time they need them.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-31-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/resending service books/battery pulls and nothing works.

I also checked permissions, but there is no option to change any permissions for this app...grrr
    Seeing quite a bit of this Az. Most people are saying a battery pull or two seems to have fixed it, but you've already tried it. I'm thinking RIM is overloaded at the moment. Others are getting the EULA in different languages and random freezes/lockups.

Just looked for ya again Az and apparently it's a bug in the 8330 version. I'm seeing a ton of posts on the net about 8330's on Verizon and Sprint having the same problem.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-31-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had no problems installing. However, I had to exit out of it 3 times in order to scroll through the the End User License Agreement.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    OK now is the time, lets see exactly what it can do!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Played around for a bit. The MyWorld tab is slow as heck, and I only had one app installed from AppWorld. Tried doing the archive thing, and the app froze, constant hourglasses. Either they are completely overwhelmed at the moment, or I have something wrong with my device/installation (and I've tried uninstalling/re-installing numerous times). Not liking this right now.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

I have posted about this along with many others on the official RIM community support forums and RIM techs are looking into the server connection issues that seem to be plaguing mostly 8330 and 8830 users. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.....grrr
    Twitter? My Apps List

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    So as cool as this sounds, it's really not that amazing. It's truly what the name says "Archive".

If you download an app, and archive it, it simply stores it for STORAGE purposes on the SD card. If you try to run the app, it uncompresses it and puts it into memory. I guess it's better than nothing, but when will they allow running from the SD card. I do remember with Palm how much that was a problem though, and the 3rd party programs (*hacks*) that would let you try to run it from the SD card, and in turn, simply doing the same -- copying to memory, running, and then trying (again, not succeeding, but trying) to clean up the pda environment from all variables, states, saves, etc...

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    So as cool as this sounds, it's really not that amazing. It's truly what the name says "Archive".

If you download an app, and archive it, it simply stores it for STORAGE purposes on the SD card. If you try to run the app, it uncompresses it and puts it into memory. I guess it's better than nothing, but when will they allow running from the SD card. I do remember with Palm how much that was a problem though, and the 3rd party programs (*hacks*) that would let you try to run it from the SD card, and in turn, simply doing the same -- copying to memory, running, and then trying (again, not succeeding, but trying) to clean up the pda environment from all variables, states, saves, etc...
    As I said, I find it totally impractical for anything except apps that you do not use regularly, but feel you have to keep. Especially since to archive it, requires a reboot. I could not imagine going back and forth for apps I use almost daily. Something like Amaze GPS, I swear by, but don't use it that often. That I would probably archive and just recall when I needed it.
    How to upgrade your OS

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

Got the same thing for a couple of days but all of a sudden it's working fine. Seems to be a little snappier and lags less.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Thanks, I hadn't checked it yet this morning but it is now connecting...now to test out the new features....finally lol
    Twitter? My Apps List

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ad026e
    By me on ma 8900 tmobile it works fine just mad it don't have the save on sd thing and since I downloaded my app that I use 2 work 2 save it on sd stoped workin
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

isaacandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    aww.. too bad App World is still not supported in Asia. Whenever i tried installing it, it says that my are doesn't support App World.
    However, we have an application call Application Centre, somewhat similar to the App World except it only has those instant messaging softwards.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad to hear you're up and running Az. Kind of a shame that you were the first to update it being officially released and couldn't even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yidy View Post
    By me on ma 8900 tmobile it works fine just mad it don't have the save on sd thing and since I downloaded my app that I use 2 work 2 save it on sd stoped workin
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    What app were you using, Aerize? Curious to see if it's a bug so we can try and get it fixed. Also, it will save the apps on the SD card for use later, once you've archived it. The applications just cannot be ran from the card, requiring you to restore them to device memory.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast