Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ok, it's not officially here yet, but the App World documentation over at RIM's site ... BlackBerry News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Blackberry App World 1.1 RELEASED!!

Advertisement

Ok, it's not officially here yet, but the App World documentation over at RIM's site now lists the version as 1.1. Does this mean that an upgrade is right around the corner? Many people have loved and hated the inclusion of App World into RIM's arsenal. Most notably hating the lag and bloated interface, but loving a central repository for Blackberry Apps.

Even more interesting however is this little piece of information located in the document:

"This feature permits BlackBerry App World™ storefront users to remove applications from their BlackBerry® devices and reinstall the applications without paying for the application a second time. BlackBerry App World archives a record of the application to save memory and so that the user does not have to maintain the application on the BlackBerry device. BlackBerry App World users can also install or archive applications on expandable memory, such as a media card."

Could it be true? Did RIM finally answer the prayers of the Blackberry faithful? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The App World documentation can be found here.

The full article can be found here.

Now available for download at http://mobile.blackberry.com from your BB browser.
    Last edited by azstar; 07-31-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: updated release info
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I can't believe this!! Infact, I will not believe it until I see it. Hopefully it's true -- than all the users before the Bold and 8900 can have lots of apps too!

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I can already remove n reinstall...I did that last week with 2 apps I didn't want a while back but decided to reinstall again. That's not new...at least to me
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    I can already remove n reinstall...I did that last week with 2 apps I didn't want a while back but decided to reinstall again. That's not new...at least to me
    But are you able to download and install apps to your SD card? That is one thing I've been waiting on for quite a while.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ask
    Not on the SDcard...but the article doesn't mention it being able to do that. Plus, I think there's apps you can get that would allow you to put it on your SDcard like an aerize card loader. But as far as being able to delete my apps I bought from the app world n then reinstalling at a later date...I can already do that. All I had to do was put in my paypal info to verify n I was set. It told me which apps I have installed already, out of the apps I've bought, n it tells me the ones I don't have installed n it let's me reinstall. Wut I don't have...lol...is a FASTER bb app world. Lol. Still holding my breath (and turning smurf blue).

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Not on the SDcard...but the article doesn't mention it being able to do that. Plus, I think there's apps you can get that would allow you to put it on your SDcard like an aerize card loader. But as far as being able to delete my apps I bought from the app world n then reinstalling at a later date...I can already do that. All I had to do was put in my paypal info to verify n I was set. It told me which apps I have installed already, out of the apps I've bought, n it tells me the ones I don't have installed n it let's me reinstall. Wut I don't have...lol...is a FASTER bb app world. Lol. Still holding my breath (and turning smurf blue).
    the article does say you can put them on the SD card, read a little more careful towards the bottom of the post

PIN/ID
    ask
    it does allow it...that is F'n sweet! But then again, wouldn't leaving on the app world; sotred a better idea since you won't wast SD space?
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 07-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    it does allow it...that is F'n sweet! But then again, wouldn't leaving on the app world; sotred a better idea since you won't wast SD space?
    If it allows you to install/store the apps on your SD card, it frees up precious file space on the device, preventing the dreaded 0 bytes free message. As far as overall space, I have close to 150 songs, Season 2 of the Boondocks, and a few other videos on my 4gb SD card and have plenty of room left.
    How to upgrade your OS

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    If it allows you to install/store the apps on your SD card, it frees up precious file space on the device, preventing the dreaded 0 bytes free message. As far as overall space, I have close to 150 songs, Season 2 of the Boondocks, and a few other videos on my 4gb SD card and have plenty of room left.
    yes this will be great!!! i have the 8gb card that came with my storm, just imagine lol

PIN/ID
    ask
    Still, no matter which size card you have, if I could store my apps without using any space that woulkd be best

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, installing on my SD card. Just a little fyi (a little off topic) the 5.0.0.100 OS seems to handle App World better, it's much faster and smoother - I can only imagine an improvement on it
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

fastcivic416 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'm assuming that they more specifically mean that u can reinstall the PAID apps for free. this is amazing! especially since a ton of ppl will be upgrading to a newer berry.....especially within the next year.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by fastcivic416 View Post
    i'm assuming that they more specifically mean that u can reinstall the PAID apps for free. this is amazing! especially since a ton of ppl will be upgrading to a newer berry.....especially within the next year.
    I would say that's a selling point, but I don't imagine they'd specifically exclude free apps as they'd have to find a way to tag each of them to identify them to the device to store, or not to store (that is the question).
    How to upgrade your OS

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I need to check on this!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    u know i removed this and the service book for it, cause to me it has no point to be on my bb cause i had downloaded it before had it on bb for a few weeks and never even went into it and said screw it and removed it but meh, some people like it and some dont

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast