Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I realize this was posted 3 wks ago...but STILL, 3 wks later i cannot seem ... BlackBerry News forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Advertisement

I realize this was posted 3 wks ago...but STILL, 3 wks later i cannot seem to get over this. 3 Flippin Dollars? These apps better be super sweet
    Last edited by chknlomein; 03-31-2009 at 06:11 PM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by chknlomein View Post
    I realize this was posted 3 wks ago...but STILL, 3 wks later i cannot seem to get over this. 3 Flippin Dollars? These apps better be super sweet
    hmm....my opinion is if it's cheaper than 3 bucks it's probably not worth having. i can't think of one app that i have bought for under 3 bucks...except 1...it was 2.95 and it was well worth an extra 4 cents.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Anyone who thinks apps should be free or thinks 3 bucks is to much should spend some time developing a few to give to us for free. Then see if they still feel the same way after hours and hours of trial and error, updates and fixes and complaints because there free app doesn't work as it should.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Anyone who thinks apps should be free or thinks 3 bucks is to much should spend some time developing a few to give to us for free. Then see if they still feel the same way after hours and hours of trial and error, updates and fixes and complaints because there free app doesn't work as it should.
    Well said cowboy! I too am a fan of freebies, but more the beta testing kind! Anyone who read thru the 1000s of posts for that last weather thread we tested, should have some idea of how much work it takes to produce some quality apps for us to use!

Thbassman
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I just hope to see some interesting apps. Hopefully there will be more than just what's @ mobihand already.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Well said cowboy! I too am a fan of freebies, but more the beta testing kind! Anyone who read thru the 1000s of posts for that last weather thread we tested, should have some idea of how much work it takes to produce some quality apps for us to use!

Thbassman
    Multi Ditto!

robgadd4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    After several emails going round-and-around with RIM about adding our BlackBerry Widget for mobile learning to the new App World Store, we've decided it no longer makes good business sense. First, our normally free Widget is essentially just a "mobile client" that allows an enterprise user to access a centralized Learning Management System platform while mobile using their BlackBerry (or another supported smartphone device). However, RIM's standard Terms & Conditions state they can elect to take their standard 30% cut of our entire enterprise platform sale - even from a free or now $3 applet because the user downloaded that client license using their store and leveraging its "marketing" clout. Given our Widgets are free in the other stores where we offer them, this is quite unusual and makes no good business sense for us or our customers PLUS the fact we can distribute our BB Widgets for free anyway via standard OTA download methods anyway. I think RIM still has some thinking to do here. What we're trying to help them do is sell more of their highly capable devices -- that should be reward enough.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just how much is 30% of free anyway?

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I've downloaded the app store app and from what I saw,there were free apps mixed in with the rest.So maybe they changed their minds about a 3 dollar minumum.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gonna go check on this after work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123