Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There have been very few if any 1 or 2 dollar apps I have purchased, ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

There have been very few if any 1 or 2 dollar apps I have purchased, a couple for 2.95 so what's a nickle? Most apps I have are free or are really worth buying and I have paid between 3-13 dollars for them.

I don't see this as being a big deal. If developers want to sell really cheap apps maybe they can bundle them, 2-3 for $3 if permitted.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There have been very few if any 1 or 2 dollar apps I have purchased, a couple for 2.95 so what's a nickle? Most apps I have are free or are really worth buying and I have paid between 3-13 dollars for them.

I don't see this as being a big deal. If developers want to sell really cheap apps maybe they can bundle them, 2-3 for $3 if permitted.
    This is true. Most bb apps are never under 3 bucks. Makes me wonder why? They all suck.

skillz9669 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    209949D9

not so true.....

Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    I actually think its going to be good. Because probably these apps will actually be useful in the business market, because iphone just uses fun apps and some...well pointless ones. But like the documents to go is a good app. Plus the application developers can decide if they want to put it for free.
    I have an iphone and a bold. Yes, im spoiled. Their is plenty of apps that appeal to the business end, some are more than 3$, some are less. The pointless ones are just for fun, and yes they are the ones people talk about. But look into that apple app store before thinking they JUST use fun and pointless ones. With over 20,000 apps available it might be awhile before we see ya again, lol. But as for rim setting that as a minimum i will tell you all this. I will refuse to pay for even 1 app @ that price. And I hope some others agree. RIM can't keep the control if the consumer won't pay!!!!!!
    -Skillz-

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, then people who never win and never quit are just IDIOTS"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    UGH...RIm is getting on my nerves. There is so much that I want that they just can't offer, such as style variation! Get over it! The Javelin, Bold, Curve and the rumored 9630 are all the freaking same! Gimme something new already! And something isnt the craptastic Storm! I'm bout to jump ship for the Treo Pro....
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing as soon as my contract is up or before if my bill keeps being over $100.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Looks like they are going to crash the App Store opening just like the Storm release. It's very disappointing how RIM seems to be thinking. Can you imagine the Blog headlines and all the people who will compare it to the iPhone App Store? (shaking my head side to side, very sad).

Same here; they are not thinking with their heads, they are thinking with their wallets.
    RIM needs to go back focusing on the business aspect of the phone with a little extra something in it for us media junkies.
    They are getting on the same page as all the other mobile developers and that is trying to beat the iphone. Thay have lost their focus and needs to get it back.
    They will lose a lot of blackberry lovers if they don't fix themselves.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    WIRED: A BlackBerry app store has been long in coming and now it looks like BlackBerry users will have to pay more than their iPhone and G1-using friends, too.

The BlackBerry App store, App World, hasn't launched yet, but maker Research in Motion has been slowly releasing details about how it will work. While developers will be able to give away apps for free, RIM has set a minimum price for the for-fee apps at $3.

It's a risky bet considering that the iPhone's most popular paid applications are priced at just $1.

[Read More]

How sad! We have always had the cheaper alternative! I bet few will give them away!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    UGH...RIm is getting on my nerves. There is so much that I want that they just can't offer, such as style variation! Get over it! The Javelin, Bold, Curve and the rumored 9630 are all the freaking same! Gimme something new already! And something isnt the craptastic Storm! I'm bout to jump ship for the Treo Pro....
    you were a storm lover till you broke your screen
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

exactly what i was thinking while reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Looks like they are going to crash the App Store opening just like the Storm release. It's very disappointing how RIM seems to be thinking. Can you imagine the Blog headlines and all the people who will compare it to the iPhone App Store? (shaking my head side to side, very sad).

who cares???

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Jump ship while you can LOL. Ever since I switched to the iPhone, no blackberry has looked appealing.

And about that supply and demand issue.. Something tells me the demand for blackberries will be on a sharp decline. It has already begun.
    hater^^^

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    This is true. Most bb apps are never under 3 bucks. Makes me wonder why? They all suck.
    are you kidding? but i still want an app where i can shake my phone and have it tell me where to eat.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Seems like its destined for failure even before the launch based on that kind of stupid logic for higher costs!

widescreen no está en línea Stack level 1

widescreen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have to agree 3 bucks is a lot. But the bb bold beats the crap out of the I phone. What's up with no mms? No video. And the sound any buddy want a used I phone?

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by widescreen View Post
    I have to agree 3 bucks is a lot. But the bb bold beats the crap out of the I phone. What's up with no mms? No video. And the sound any buddy want a used I phone?
    LOL everyone's excuse for blackberry beating the iPhone.

Excuse me. I'm gonna go record videos and send mms with my iPhone now and install apps on my 8gb internal memory. Rofl.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    $3.
    That's crazy. Unless they have some way on taking the apps for a 24 hour test drive. If I am unsure of how an app will or does work. downloading it for free and deleteing it within a day or 2 no problem. but if I am d/l and have to commit 3 dollars not sure it will happen unless i am absolutely sure. 1 dollar easy to swallow for a junk app too.
    i think this fact has been grossly under researched. Please RIM figure it out.
    Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Go to this link to see Network World's take. http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...9dailynewspmal

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Go to this link to see Network World's take. http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...9dailynewspmal

Sounds just about as terrible as we think.
    $2.99++++
    I wonder what app could possibly cost 999.99. ?
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Chad, one might pay that high price for a stable OS!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast