Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WIRED : A BlackBerry app store has been long in coming and now it looks ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry App Store Sets $3 Minimum for Applications

Advertisement

WIRED: A BlackBerry app store has been long in coming and now it looks like BlackBerry users will have to pay more than their iPhone and G1-using friends, too.

The BlackBerry App store, App World, hasn't launched yet, but maker Research in Motion has been slowly releasing details about how it will work. While developers will be able to give away apps for free, RIM has set a minimum price for the for-fee apps at $3.

It's a risky bet considering that the iPhone's most popular paid applications are priced at just $1.

[Read More]

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Wow. That's dumb.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I wonder how that will go over. Then again, everyone's been waiting so long for it they might just pay it anyway.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    If competitors still put out decent apps at a lower cost, then guess where the consumer will go. This is just a start and anything is subject to change...(maybe).

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    UGH...RIm is getting on my nerves. There is so much that I want that they just can't offer, such as style variation! Get over it! The Javelin, Bold, Curve and the rumored 9630 are all the freaking same! Gimme something new already! And something isnt the craptastic Storm! I'm bout to jump ship for the Treo Pro....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    UGH...RIm is getting on my nerves. There is so much that I want that they just can't offer, such as style variation! Get over it! The Javelin, Bold, Curve and the rumored 9630 are all the freaking same! Gimme something new already! And something isnt the craptastic Storm! I'm bout to jump ship for the Treo Pro....

x2 - except the Treo part.....Come on RIM...get with it...Get a broswer that competes with the iPhone and G1.....stop putting out devices that has tons of software issues from the moment you open the box.....man...the iphone is looking better and better all the time....and with Active Sync with Encryption I could fall within my IT Security policy....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    RIM is officially losing touch with their number one.....paying clients. Maybe it is time for them to hire a couple of people wearing t-shirts instead of suit and tie?
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This does not leave an option for people who want to design simple apps if they are gonna have to charge a 3 dollar minimum and don't want to give the app away for free.

requiemX55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F1671
    I'm not liking the sound of that
    For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jeremiah 29:11

henleya2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That's bein real greedy bt business like u no supply an demand bt yeah that does suck

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I hope amAzegps doesn't fall for that crap store. Sigh...
    Last edited by raton; 03-05-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Me three. I'm waiting to see what the next iphone will bring and then I'll make my decision for now i'm holding onto the only bb that has a reliable OS and no dust under the screen issues. RIM's going down. Way to backstab people in the back ^%#^%#%.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Jump ship while you can LOL. Ever since I switched to the iPhone, no blackberry has looked appealing.

And about that supply and demand issue.. Something tells me the demand for blackberries will be on a sharp decline. It has already begun.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    I actually think its going to be good. Because probably these apps will actually be useful in the business market, because iphone just uses fun apps and some...well pointless ones. But like the documents to go is a good app. Plus the application developers can decide if they want to put it for free.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Me three. I'm waiting to see what the next iphone will bring and then I'll make my decision for now i'm holding onto the only bb that has a reliable OS and no dust under the screen issues. RIM's going down. Way to backstab people in the back ^%#^%#%.
    I couldn't agree more. Looks like they are going to crash the App Store opening just like the Storm release. It's very disappointing how RIM seems to be thinking. Can you imagine the Blog headlines and all the people who will compare it to the iPhone App Store? (shaking my head side to side, very sad).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast