Intomobile : The BlackBerry 9630 bound for Verizon has to date been carrying the internal ... BlackBerry News forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

BlackBerry 9630 Niagara to be Named Tour?

Advertisement

Intomobile: The BlackBerry 9630 bound for Verizon has to date been carrying the internal “Niagara” codename since we first heard about it, but based on a tip and some domain name sleuthing, the final public name will be the BlackBerry Tour. It might sound weird at first, but that’s what people thought of the Storm when the name first come out too. It does make sense, given the 9630’s supposed world-roaming capabilities, and the name stays in line with RIM’s monosyllabic device names. Say what you will about “Tour”, I like it, and am greatful they’re finally using proper names - before the Pearl launched in 2006, BlackBerrys have just been model numbers. As far as keeping the codename, the only time that really would have been worth it was with the BlackBerry Pearl Flip, which was internally called the Kickstart.

[Read more]
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Looks nice for Verizons copy of ATT Bold.

iLord is DEAD!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I guess RIM decided to build up more for Verizon here since at&t is pushing iPhone. Very nice looking unit, anyword on whether this is touch screen? I am guessing that it will be quad-band GSM like the storm based off the information provided in the article.

Zo

gg707081 no está en línea Stack level 2
    WTHHHHHH I swear I'm gonna leave Sprint, everytime I turn around there's a new BB coming out for a different provider!!! Sprint users have to wait like every 18 months-2 years just for a phone that most of the companies have had for the longest time already!!!! I didn't mind before cause I got a new upgrade every two years but now I'm elegible for a yearly up grade and wen I log onto sprints website all I'll see is the phone I currently have plus an even older model!!! Ugghhhh. Ok I'm done with the rant now :-D.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Wonder if we can get this unlocked and working on T-Mobile like we have done for the Storm?

okappiah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BE5585
    Quote Originally Posted by gg707081 View Post
    WTHHHHHH I swear I'm gonna leave Sprint, everytime I turn around there's a new BB coming out for a different provider!!! Sprint users have to wait like every 18 months-2 years just for a phone that most of the companies have had for the longest time already!!!! I didn't mind before cause I got a new upgrade every two years but now I'm elegible for a yearly up grade and wen I log onto sprints website all I'll see is the phone I currently have plus an even older model!!! Ugghhhh. Ok I'm done with the rant now :-D.
    I feel your pain. I have had my 8830 with Sprint for 2 years now and i am ready for a new BB. Sprint needs to get with the program.
    Pin:32aecb0f

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well a sprint rep told me is that this phone will come to them sometime this fall...

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not too happy about the rumors that this is going to be associated with U2s upcoming tour. Personally, I hate U2, so if I had to think about them every time I picked up my dream bb (which this could very well be) I'd be extremely upset. Imagine bonos permanently sunglass-encrusted face on startup EVERY time lol. And besides, didn't U2 choose their side of the battle lines with apple? long story short, if they named it the Tour because they honestly feel its the best name for the device, then that's fine. If, however they chose the name so they could associate it with U2s tour, I'll be severely dissappointed in RIM.