Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry News forum

jerms no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jerms no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that looks pretty awesome... Just got the 8703e from a 7520 and a 7100i, I hope it comes out in a CDMA ver!

bullybeef no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304F054D
    I got to have it... it looks much sexier in black!!!

vsgotto no está en línea Stack level 1

8700 or 8800?

The real question is do I upgrade to an 8700 now (currently using a 7290), or do I wait for the 8800 with a camera? (Not sure if that's the Crimson or Indigo.)

Of course, the follow up question to that is how long do I have to wait and at what price will the wait be worth it?

bubisamongus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: The Blackberry 8800 in detail (Specs)

yeah it looks wonderful. WILL IT WORK WITH A MAC FINALLY ???????

Blkberryman no está en línea Stack level 2

Me Want!

amdot9898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400cd225

Here's a little something, something

What's the frequency, Kenneth? SprintNextel CDMA BlackBerry 8800 within a year

Posted Oct 13th 2006 6:11AM by Russell Shaw
    Filed under: Nextel, Sprint, SprintNextel, 8800

And so it is that a BBHub reader named Kenneth (yes, really!!) writes to me that he had lunch with his SprintNextel reps and they told him that "by this time next year they would be releasing a BlackBerry CDMA 8800 series device that will include a lot of what has been talked about so far as well as a VoIP-enabled walkie-talkie function."
    Due to some proprietary functionality, the BlackBerry 8800 (which will look like the device shown above, as provided by our sister site Engadget) will have far less latency in walkie-talkie mode than some users might have expected," Kenneth tells me SprintNextel tells them.
    And as to compatibility with legacy Nextel iDEN DirectConnect (not voice) network, Kenneth says SprintNextel reps told him this handheld will be compatible.
    Kenneth and I wonder, if this the beginning of the end of Nextel's iDEN?

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

The camera with video recording should be mandatory. It doesn't require that much more effort to design the incorporate it into the overall design plan.

Yes, it adds some cost, but the but the buyers of this type of gadget will spend the money on it, even more with a *complete* multimedia feature set.

It is important to be able to write video directly to the micro sd card, and that high-speed read/write type micro sd cards are available from SanDisk and other manufacturers, Panasonic, for instance.

Keeping active RAM open for processor use for the video feed is paramount! Whether viewing movies on-card locally, or viewing video streams from an Internet, LAN, or other Wi-Fi (802.11b/g, etc.) source, as well as a direct USB connection--which would be a nice feature for home use when you might want to put the 8800 in a cradle for movie viewing, keeping the system from bogging down is important.

To round out the device for navigation, an embedded gps chipset--such as a SiRF III (chip form factor, module form factor may be too large)--is necessary so a separate Bluetooth GPS Receiver isn't a necessity.

Convenience is what sells these kind of products, and including BlackBerry Maps without an *active*, on-board, highly sensitive, multi-path rejective, GPS chipset like the SiRF III, or similar chipset, does not fulfill the *total* requirements of such a device to be *completely* successful in the 21st Century marketplace.

It pays to add the power of *active* GPS Navigation to the BlackBerry 8800, or any new model for that matter. GPS isn't merely a passing fancy, but a die-hard *necessity* in the all-in-one handheld market, which is where all roads are leading.

RIM should implement *all* of these functions now, and show themselves to be the *Prime Innovator* they are, and always have been!

Don't hold back on this one, Research In Motion! Live up to your namesake! Excel!!

Warm regards to prosperity and success,

Stephen Brown
    Jefferson City, Missouri

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

A lot of talk for T-Mobile, Sprint/Nextel, and the CDMA crowd.

How about a quick adoption by CINGULAR! Go Cingular Wireless!

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

I did a hardware upgrade with Rogers in Canada (got a pearl over the 8700) and was told that March/April is when the new device will be available. Confirmed through an independent dealer the same information.

I was also told that an HSDPA 8700 will be available Jan/Feb. Rogers has been doing G3 beta testing in major Canadian cities and expects to roll it out prime time late spring.

There is a lot love for the 8800, as there should be, but nobody seems intersted in what the 8800 isn't or doesn't do. Because some conflict is good and I am a little ticked having learned I can't play .wav file attachments, here's a little rant about what I don't like about the 8800:

- EDGE? Why? You are giving me a tricked out multimedia device with a volkswagen beetle engine? hello? HSDPA will be live around the time this device hits the streets.......
    - Wifi. Coming from a Palm Advocate - Again why? I have heard reports that carriers are blocking skype calls at layer 3 of the network stack. I am not going to use my precious data minutes trying to get a skype call going. The carriers don't want wifi for obvious reasons. I have hard enough time getting access on a hot spot with my HP Tablet PC TC1100, why do I want this on my phone? To add complexitity to the OS? If I want high speed, give me EVDO or HSDPA. Wifi makes no sense for everyone except internal IT staff who want to manage routers or whatever else they can get their hands into - and if that's all you want, get your boss to give you a tablet PC or a Palm Pilot - the screen is bigger and you get a stylus. If you want to give me wireless data access, give me HSDPA or wireless USB.
    - Keyboard. The 7290 was the perfect keyboard. Rim, you made a device with a crazy tiny keyboard (pearl), give us big thumbs a keyboard we can use. The 8703e is much better than the 8700r, imho, but it's no 7290.
    - Processor. For crying out loud, didnt anyone talk to Palm or those communists at Microsoft? 312Mhz is NOT ENOUGH FOR A MULTIMEDIA HANDHELD. Crank it up, Xscale goes to 600Mhz, give me some power dammit. The BB OS is very small and the pearl does an okay job of dealing with Bluetooth connections and media playing simultaenously but if you take it to the next level, you need more horsepower. I got my first lag situation on my pearl while I was watching a movie trailer and the device received email..... Don't get me wrong, 7290 and Bluetooth made me pull my hair out.
    - HTML email. I really don't care if it's the DoD in the USA or whatever the actual reason is. I want the option of HTML email. Make it a policy in BES to restrict to text only if thats what it takes, frankly, I don't care what it takes, make it happen.
    - Attachment rules for BIS users. We need more freedom. If I get an attachment, let me work with it, out of the box, no tinkering required.

Now, having said all that (adjusts hair, fixes tie), the 8800 looks to be a very good device and I look forward to using my other hardware upgrade in April.

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

Track wheel Vs Track ball. I've had em both, my feeling is Track ball ... by a lot.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

gbillings: you don't want WiFi, but you want Bluetooth and a faster CPU? If you're willing to sacrifice even more battery life, ok, but I'd rather they leave the speeds the same and give us higher capacity batteries across the board.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Keep it at EDGE because overall, the US are the major purchasers of these devices, and TMO doesn't support 3G at this time, so RIM is waiting to make the devices for the US 3G until all carriers are on board. No need to make 1 version of it 3G and 1 non 3G...

The 9k series will be 3G equipped though...

h5n1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b321ef

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Re: Blackberry 8800 in detail (Specs)

Edge is lame........ *shakes fist at the GSM network god*

It's just so s.......l.......o.......w........ compared with EVDO. My next device will either me a UMPC or a BB with HSDPA. I don't understand wy the 8800 will be edge..... HP and Palm will have HSDPA devices this summer.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast