Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Originally Posted by Firefishe ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The camera with video recording should be mandatory. ... BlackBerry News forum

bassline250 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: The Blackberry 8800 in detail (Specs)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The camera with video recording should be mandatory. It doesn't require that much more effort to design the incorporate it into the overall design plan.

Yes, it adds some cost, but the but the buyers of this type of gadget will spend the money on it, even more with a *complete* multimedia feature set.

It is important to be able to write video directly to the micro sd card, and that high-speed read/write type micro sd cards are available from SanDisk and other manufacturers, Panasonic, for instance.

Keeping active RAM open for processor use for the video feed is paramount! Whether viewing movies on-card locally, or viewing video streams from an Internet, LAN, or other Wi-Fi (802.11b/g, etc.) source, as well as a direct USB connection--which would be a nice feature for home use when you might want to put the 8800 in a cradle for movie viewing, keeping the system from bogging down is important.

To round out the device for navigation, an embedded gps chipset--such as a SiRF III (chip form factor, module form factor may be too large)--is necessary so a separate Bluetooth GPS Receiver isn't a necessity.

Convenience is what sells these kind of products, and including BlackBerry Maps without an *active*, on-board, highly sensitive, multi-path rejective, GPS chipset like the SiRF III, or similar chipset, does not fulfill the *total* requirements of such a device to be *completely* successful in the 21st Century marketplace.

It pays to add the power of *active* GPS Navigation to the BlackBerry 8800, or any new model for that matter. GPS isn't merely a passing fancy, but a die-hard *necessity* in the all-in-one handheld market, which is where all roads are leading.

RIM should implement *all* of these functions now, and show themselves to be the *Prime Innovator* they are, and always have been!

Don't hold back on this one, Research In Motion! Live up to your namesake! Excel!!

Warm regards to prosperity and success,

Stephen Brown
    Jefferson City, Missouri

" hey Stephan, it occurred to me that you have a lot of knowledge about the GPS funtion it self, and i definitely agree with you that blackberry needs to integrate gps into all of their phones. So i was wonder about something, and thought i should ask you this. Do you know if carrier such as cingular charge for the GPS connection separately as one of their services.

bassline250 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry 8800 in detail (Specs)

hope i get it as a christmas gift. i know i should really hope for an iphone, but i just love blackberry's.

deborahghazzawi no está en línea Stack level 1

i need to know how to unlock the blackberry 8800 i got it from uae and i live in saudi arabia

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by kathyria View Post
    I need the unlock code for my BB8800. I can't seem to get it anywhere. Can anyone help?
    Kat

Go to:

www.unlockblackberry.org
    Last edited by Hack173; 12-18-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Marya220 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question about uploading photos - can someone give me a very detailed step by step on how to use the blackberry desktop manager to upload photos from my computer onto my blackberry 8800 please? I have no idea how to do that and my BB doesn't have a camera! Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Bringing this thread back up from the dead (I did a search to find this).

I am seriously considering getting this for my next upgrade and maybe bypassing the new Pearl (and using my current one for backup ).

I have come to the conclusion that I am a power BB user and although I love the Pearl, I need/want the 8800 because:

1) I need to relieve (and hopefully prevent) Carpal Tunnel Syndrome flareups...will the full KB actually help?
    2) I don't need a BB with a camera (unless RIM releases a Pearl without one)
    3) I love the look of the 8800 series
    4) I haven't used a full KB-based BB since my 7730 4 years ago and hated it but am willing to give a full KB another chance
    5) I haven't been able to stop thinking about the 8800 since RIM released it LMAO

I know a lot of Stackers here have switched from a SureType-based BB to a full keyboard BB so I am looking for support to help me make sure I have made the correct choice. I WILL be going to T-Mo in January to try out different devices and will probably come home one day with either one.

Mandingoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnoname View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That WILL be my next Blackberry. No ifs ands or buts!

AndyLove no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205CDBB7
    Well, seems like my 8800 doesn't have WI-FI, is there anyone have that?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910