Via IntoMobile "The BlackBerry code-named Gemini was first seen a few months ago and has ... BlackBerry News forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

BlackBerry 8520 Gemini Gets Spotted with Optical Input

Advertisement

Via IntoMobile

"The BlackBerry code-named Gemini was first seen a few months ago and has since had a bit of an overhaul - namely with an optical trackball. If we’re to believe the old 8325 is now the 8520, there’s a possibility of n-class Wi-Fi, 320×240 screen, a 2 megapixel camera without flash, quad-band GSM (sorry, no 3G), and will launch with OS 5.0. The specs don’t really impress, but the Gemini certainly goes to town on style. A rubberized perimeter, new music controls on the top of the device, what looks like a metal battery door and a screen flush with soft keys makes me think this Curve would feel great in the hand.
    It seems like the new –20 model number will be reserved for BlackBerrys that eschew the trackball in favour of the new optical input method. While on the one hand, it’s a little weird thinking of a BlackBerry without a trackball at this point, it’s an interesting experiment and should make the touch-optimized OS of the Storm easy to bring over. Overall, it’s a nice look for the Curve, and a reasonably big step for RIM - let’s just see how long the trackballs last before optical takes over everything."

[Read More]
    Last edited by GaryF; 05-02-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Prep for approval
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone have a better photo of the optical input? Is the response for it better than the trackball? I'm sick and tired of this dirty black (supposed to be white) ball.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill second the dirty trackball issue... plus you gotta take the entire device apart to just clean out the dust bunnies...
    i see RED...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I dunno man. Is it supposed to be like the laptops sorta thing? If it is I guess it could have potential. Any idea as to which carrier's gonna get it? If it's AT&T I'll be all over that and if it somewhere else I guess I'm gonna have to reconsider my options

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm looking forward to not having a track ball! The one on my 8130 never seemed right from day 1.
    However I'm noticing that the 4 buttons below the screen keep getting bigger & bigger!
    I wonder why RIM doesn't make them smaller & increase the screen size instead?

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i like the potential of this device. Im not sure about the -20 model number being for optical tb devices. I always assumed the -20 were for GSM devices with Wifi like the 8120 Pearl and 8220 Pearl Flip and the 8320 Curve for TMO
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I am loving the idea of the optical mouse. Less hassle with keeping crap from getting under the ball.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    I am loving the idea of the optical mouse. Less hassle with keeping crap from getting under the ball.
    me too! Pearl Flip 2 hopefully????
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

xlarkascendingx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207959bd
    It looks stupid.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i wouldnt really call it stupid... i like the idea of having a touch sensitive pointer rather than the ball...
    i see RED...

xlarkascendingx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207959bd
    Well of course that's cool, but all of their phones are starting to look the same.

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't wait untill someone gets their hands on this puppy. I hope RIM gets it right with the optical input... could be the next best thing to happen to the blackberry line.