Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

try 4.2.1.109 form rogers, so far so good for me. but 4.2.1 has a problem ... BlackBerry News forum

surianto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry 81xx Pearl OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 09JAN08]

Advertisement

try 4.2.1.109 form rogers, so far so good for me. but 4.2.1 has a problem with multitap which 4.2.0 doesn't have CMIIW. but since i use suretype then it won't bother me :-)

joey_spicuzza no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fa9be0

hey whats the best os i can run on my blackberry 8100 from tmobile

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by joey_spicuzza View Post
    hey whats the best os i can run on my blackberry 8100 from tmobile
    Technically the latest os is 4.2.1.109, but i have not seen any difference between it and Tmo 4.2.1.107, so i would say to go with that. Until the next OS is out.

surianto no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't know about the best, but if you're looking for the latest than it is 4.2.1.109 from Rogers. You can use it although yours is t mobile, just need to delete the vendor.xml file before you upgrade.

KiwiSailor no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry 81xx Pearl OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 29JAN08]

Has anyone had problems downloading the 8120 OS from TIM Italy? I have downloaded twice but each time I try to run the .exe file it comes back with 'Error reading setup initialization file' As this appears to be the lastest OS for the 8120 I'd love to be able to get it to work. Failing that has anyone had any luck with installing any OS later than 4.3.0.67? Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiSailor View Post
    Has anyone had problems downloading the 8120 OS from TIM Italy? I have downloaded twice but each time I try to run the .exe file it comes back with 'Error reading setup initialization file' As this appears to be the lastest OS for the 8120 I'd love to be able to get it to work. Failing that has anyone had any luck with installing any OS later than 4.3.0.67? Thanks
    This is what it says on RIM's database. May help your situation as well even though your error is for the handheld software. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.
    Error reading setup, initializing error message when installing BlackBerry Desktop Software

Doc ID : KB13252
    Last Modified : 2007-09-28
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Problem

The following error message appears while attempting to install BlackBerry Desktop Software:
    Error reading setup, initializing

Cause

When downloading the installation file from the BlackBerry web site, the browser indicates that the download is complete but it is not.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
    1. Completely delete the installation file from the computer.
    2. Empty the Recycle bin.
    3. Clear the browser cache.
    4. Download the installation file again, and attempt to install BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Sno_x_fan1326 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got my blackberry 8130 from verizon and im so confused about upgrading the OS and all that? I have Opera Mini's latest version and i keep having problems everyday sayin "failed to connect to the internet 503 connection timed out" What can i do to fix it if i should upgrade my OS what one should i use?

KiwiSailor no está en línea Stack level 1

[quote=Eddie_gauge;610687]This is what it says on RIM's database. May help your situation as well even though your error is for the handheld software. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.
    Error reading setup, initializing error message when installing BlackBerry Desktop Software

Doc ID : KB13252
    Last Modified : 2007-09-28
    Document Type : Support[u]

Thanks Eddie, Sadly just tried all this and got the same error - so tried downloading the next latest version which is 4.3.0.79 from Orange UK. This worked and after deleting the vendor file I installed but now it appears to have lost support for the media card..... Any further ideas on 1. any other way of getting 4.3.0.99 or what has happened to the media card??
    Thanks for any advice

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3

Sno: Your OS is different than the one listed here, so don't try and upgrade to the Rogers version. Your 8130 should have a 4.3 OS on it which is newer than anything for the 8100.

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3

Will 8110 be added to this list? Rogers (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A) has apps 4.3.093 in package 4.3.0.164.

aprilryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

hi all!

been a while since I last checked with pinstack. My OS is still 4.2.1.101. Worth the upgrade to the 107s, 108s or 109s? which is the most stable so far?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F

any way to get 4.3 for the 8100?

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466

I download this software for Verizon 8130 & it seems to be the same DM software on CD w/Pearl. When installed, at Roxio media-asked to insert CD-I think it was the same process as when installing DM. I am looking to install on my PC the OS to install themes.

Please help

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bbpearldean View Post
    I download this software for Verizon 8130 & it seems to be the same DM software on CD w/Pearl. When installed, at Roxio media-asked to insert CD-I think it was the same process as when installing DM. I am looking to install on my PC the OS to install themes.
    You are trying to download the "device software". It sounds like you downloaded "desktop software". On the Verizon site, once you select "8130", make sure you have selected the "device software" button.

As for Roxio asking to insert a CD - I'm not sure why it is doing that. My suggestion would be to go into add/delete in your computer's control panel, and delete the desktop software. Once you do that, go back and redownload and install the DESKTOP software on your computer. THEN download the new DEVICE software you want for your pearl, and install it to the phone.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know how it goes, or if you need any more help.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
    Will 8110 be added to this list? Rogers (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A) has apps 4.3.093 in package 4.3.0.164.
    Added. Thanks!