While searching the web for new and kewl things BB, I ran across this and ... BlackBerry News forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up BIS 2.6 On the way????

Advertisement

While searching the web for new and kewl things BB, I ran across this and wanted to share it with everyone!!! A new version may be on the way per BerryReview that will create a more affordable way to become a BB addict. Besides we all know once your go Black you never go back and most will prob UPGD to BIS capabilities once they catch the BB bug!

It has limitations such as:
    - Email size of only 32kb
    - No attachments
    - NO HTML
    - Only the one email address (ie ???????@carrier.blackberry.net)
    - Meaning your one email would have to be like the above and not a gmail, yahoo, etc.

For the full story check out this link:
    http://www.berryreview.com/2009/02/1...ous-customers/

Enjoy!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This could be a good way to draw more users to Blackberry. As I read this I kept thinking of the iPhone that is available through Walmart. Will the limits on a prepaid BB really be worth it? Or will it drive more people away because they wont see what their device can actually do?

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Don't know, for sure. It looks as though the BB nation may increase exponentially!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good info, B-man. IMO this will bring more people into the BB family, especially with the economy in the tank I think it's a good choice to have for some folks. I wonder if the next thing on the horizon will be a limited-function BB to go with it for people who don't need all the functions of current BB's - something to look for.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    With respect to T-Mobile users, this:
    BlackBerry service without Web browsing (Email/IM/BB Messenger… Think T-Mobile)
    is very smart. I knew a lot of people that wanted these features but did't want internet on their phone (for reason I may never understand) and so ended up getting nothing.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'll never claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, I like my BIS the way it is right now. (read entire post)

Limitations:

- No attachments
    - NO HTML
    - Meaning your one email would have to be like the above and not a gmail, yahoo, etc.

Would current BIS users want to even go near it? I know I know this is meant to attract new customers and provide an alternative to the current customers who wouldn't mind the limitations for the cheaper price but I'm just saying.............and I guess I could use a similar phrase someone already used that this is basically BIS on a diet.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I'll never claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, I like my BIS the way it is right now. (read entire post)

Limitations:

- No attachments
    - NO HTML

Would current BIS users want to even go near it? I know I know this is meant to attract new customers and provide an alternative to the current customers who wouldn't mind the limitations for the cheaper price but I'm just saying.............and I guess I could use a similar phrase someone already used that this is basically BIS on a diet.
    Well since it doesn't affect current users it sin't a problem. It isn't like it will be the only option in the future so there shouldn't be any panic attacks from people (because I know there might be some) that RIM is ruining BIS because they are just expanding the system. Kind of what PinStack did

Again, this appears to be potentially for the budget-minded user- people who want an email to stay in touch, limited function and a low price to go with it. Many current BB users want every function they can get and/or afford in their phone - I'm one of them - but there are surely people out there who only want a phone with a couple of added features - that's who this will attract.

Whether it's financially successful depends on how people it attracts - I suspect there was some market research by RIM to support doing this. (It's also a great way to sell the older model phones (that have less market appeal now) if they're overstocked on them.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Again, this appears to be potentially for the budget-minded user- people who want an email to stay in touch, limited function and a low price to go with it. Many current BB users want every function they can get and/or afford in their phone - I'm one of them - but there are surely people out there who only want a phone with a couple of added features - that's who this will attract.

Whether it's financially successful depends on how people it attracts - I suspect there was some market research by RIM to support doing this. (It's also a great way to sell the older model phones (that have less market appeal now) if they're overstocked on them.)
    Oh, I agree 100%. It's always great to have options. Options lead to even more possibilities

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    hey thats a great find man, thanks for sharing
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Indeed.
    "Who Dares Wins"

Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    Indeed.
    BUT...we have to realize that not everyone is like us, huh eazid? I know people who who would like the limited features like an email account and a phone. They're just NOT that interested in EVERY new gadget/feature that comes along.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    BUT...we have to realize that not everyone is like us, huh eazid? I know people who who would like the limited features like an email account and a phone. They're just NOT that interested in EVERY new gadget/feature that comes along.
    Well said JB, I know that I could have sold something like this when I sold BB for ATT