Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

How do I make it that when I delete on my berry that it archives ... BlackBerry News forum

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

How do I make it that when I delete on my berry that it archives on gmail instead of deleting?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    how do i make my calendar default to be the device default? instead of an email address?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by marczeffren View Post
    how do i make my calendar default to be the device default? instead of an email address?
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Options>Advanced Options>Default Services
    i tried that but it doesnt let me set as "device default" jsut an email address

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i tried that but it doesnt let me set as "device default" jsut an email address
    if u select your device email, then its device default calendar.

now, the 2.6 thing, on at&t's website it still says its 2.4. but then when i log in, i can change my password and signature. is this supposed to be the way or are you supposed to be able to do this on the bb?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    if u select your device email, then its device default calendar.
    i tried this but it doesn't work. when i go into calendar>options under the list of calendars there is one called 'device default" where all my entries are. but when i go to options>advanced options>device defaults, under calendar it doesn't give me this option. i need the latter to be under device default also in order to make my today theme work with my calendar

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    marc, the words "device default" won't show there. the email that you have showing in that option IS the device default.

but ... if you created those events and THEN changed your default email address, then they will not show. you would have to recreate them.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Let me try to help clear this up for you a bit. Your calendars will always be associated with an email address. That's how it works. If you go to Options/Advanced Options/Default services and select which email to use as your default for your calendar, then when in your calendar you go to select calendar, you see options to show all calendars, specific email address calendars, or default calendar which is the one you assigned in default service. Only the appointments on your default calendar will show when using a today theme(the sneak peaks on the home screen). But you can set up appointments using any of the calendars. Hope this helps.

Haha, didn't mean to post over you cherri
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    marc, the words "device default" won't show there. the email that you have showing in that option IS the device default.

but ... if you created those events and THEN changed your default email address, then they will not show. you would have to recreate them.
    In the advanced options by default services there are 2 things calendar and messaging. They both give you the option to choose email addresses, but in the calendar itself, under options in addition to the email addresses there is an option that says device default, but no matter what email address I choose for the advanced options thing my calendar does not show up in my today theme.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Let me try to help clear this up for you a bit. Your calendars will always be associated with an email address. That's how it works. If you go to Options/Advanced Options/Default services and select which email to use as your default for your calendar, then when in your calendar you go to select calendar, you see options to show all calendars, specific email address calendars, or default calendar which is the one you assigned in default service. Only the appointments on your default calendar will show when using a today theme(the sneak peaks on the home screen). But you can set up appointments using any of the calendars. Hope this helps.

Haha, didn't mean to post over you cherri
    So here's the thing. Before the 2.6 update it was all under my gmail. After the update it changed all my entries to device default and now I can't see my appointments in my theme is there a way to move all my contacts to an email

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    In the advanced options by default services there are 2 things calendar and messaging. They both give you the option to choose email addresses, but in the calendar itself, under options in addition to the email addresses there is an option that says device default, but no matter what email address I choose for the advanced options thing my calendar does not show up in my today theme.
    try creating a new event using the email address you have associated in option/advanced options/default services.

if it shows up, then we know that the others will need to be recreated. if it doesn't then try switching back to a default theme (i am assuming you are using a custom theme) and then switch back to the custom theme.

So here's the thing. Before the 2.6 update it was all under my gmail. After the update it changed all my entries to device default and now I can't see my appointments in my theme is there a way to move all my contacts to an email

If you deleted the account, the service books were removed and the appointments will show as default calendar. I know what you are talking about now. Did you try synching via DM and see if it would add those items back to the gmail calendar on the device?
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Not yet. I'm not by my computer I'll try soon. But yeah that's exactly what happened. If that doesn't work I guess I'll recreate everything. Thanks a lot. Ypu guys are awesome!

The synch will get them back, but then you will have doubles, and if you have alarm reminders they will stay with your events labeled default. But, it would actually be better if you had a recent backup to use the advanced back/up restore option to clear the calendar database off your device then load the events from the back-up. this would remove the duplicates. If you have your synch configured to synch both ways it will try to add the dups to your calendar on your PC too so don't allow those changes to your PC calendar.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The synch will get them back, but then you will have doubles, and if you have alarm reminders they will stay with your events labeled default. But, it would actually be better if you had a recent backup to use the advanced back/up restore option to clear the calendar database off your device then load the events from the back-up. this would remove the duplicates. If you have your synch configured to synch both ways it will try to add the dups to your calendar on your PC too so don't allow those changes to your PC calendar.
    Great idea! I'm gonna use a backup. Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast