PIN/ID
    ask

BGR Hands on: OS 5.0 on the Bold

Advertisement

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    a lot of people addressing a browser issue wich is not noted on this review
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll definitely be moving to 5.0 asap...regardless of the lack of browser updates.

I will be pissed if RIM never fixes up the browser but at least 5.0 is a step in the right direction.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Where is 5.0 I want it lol

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I've read that a lot of apps are not working after the 5.0 update, I'm not installing just yet... I'll wait til I see a couple more builds of 5.0

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I might be doing the same. As eager as I am to give it a shot I really don't wanna be without a working phone longer then necessary.

5.0 is shaping up to be very nice and quite promising...I can't say I'll wait for an official release, but definitely until the guinea pigs amung us have things figured out.

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A
    Well hmm let me see. 5.0 has a storm feel to it. First off most applications crash using this. Slacker gives errors can’t load myspace or facebook apps. I am pretty sure that if these don’t load there are plenty more complaints. Browsing seems to be a lot snappier. A couple of things I have noticed were the fact that downloading jive talk told me that my bold was a storm. This was a little funny. I know there is a rumor of a 9900 which looks like a Bold with touch screen I wonder if this is the OS thats going to run it. HMMM the plot thickens. I noticed the media player allows you to play your music via bluetooth so that means I can now use my jawbone as a sterio headset nice finally.I also noticed a different view when playing music probably allows you to see album art while reading the name of the song to the right. I noticed in the GPS setting there was a Geolocation service I guess I didn’t see it before so nice add whatever that means. Blackberry messaging now has built in smiley section. Google mail and maps work well but no google sync and google search. I like to look at my email archives. GPS sensitivity is still the same. Wifi access is almost instant which is nice. Switching from screen to screen is pretty fast with the exception of opening the browser, but once it is open it runs smootly and also identifies whether you are using wifi or standard internet. I upgraded from 4.6.0.247. Because there are a lot of programs not ready for this OS so went back to 4.6.0.247 an hour after upgrading. This OS not ready for primetime but some good feature.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Wow, this looks really good. But, like everyone, I'm skeptical about the first release of any new OS. I'm goona let them fix the bugs before I upgrade.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Keep up with the 5.0 beta discussion thread in the Bold forums...I'm sure we'll have things good to go in no time.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Keep up with the 5.0 beta discussion thread in the Bold forums...I'm sure we'll have things good to go in no time.

Will do-thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by fsantiago36 View Post
    Well hmm let me see. 5.0 has a storm feel to it. First off most applications crash using this. Slacker gives errors can’t load myspace or facebook apps. I am pretty sure that if these don’t load there are plenty more complaints. Browsing seems to be a lot snappier. A couple of things I have noticed were the fact that downloading jive talk told me that my bold was a storm. This was a little funny. I know there is a rumor of a 9900 which looks like a Bold with touch screen I wonder if this is the OS thats going to run it. HMMM the plot thickens. I noticed the media player allows you to play your music via bluetooth so that means I can now use my jawbone as a sterio headset nice finally.I also noticed a different view when playing music probably allows you to see album art while reading the name of the song to the right. I noticed in the GPS setting there was a Geolocation service I guess I didn’t see it before so nice add whatever that means. Blackberry messaging now has built in smiley section. Google mail and maps work well but no google sync and google search. I like to look at my email archives. GPS sensitivity is still the same. Wifi access is almost instant which is nice. Switching from screen to screen is pretty fast with the exception of opening the browser, but once it is open it runs smootly and also identifies whether you are using wifi or standard internet. I upgraded from 4.6.0.247. Because there are a lot of programs not ready for this OS so went back to 4.6.0.247 an hour after upgrading. This OS not ready for primetime but some good feature.
    thanks for the quick run down. that settles it for me when it comes to being undecided. i remember the first upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 ... it was soo painful.

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I've read that a lot of apps are not working after the 5.0 update, I'm not installing just yet... I'll wait til I see a couple more builds of 5.0
    me too i'll wait .. imagining that my themes won't work either

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    some of the themes causes the phone to freeze but after a bat pull everything runs ok, after 15 hrs i havent noticed a big mem leak, going between 3 to 6 mb wich is ok, when ressending service books i have 2 to new options something for wheater and stock, and visual mail too, that make think that the rumors about the uncoming bbs to tmobile will be running this os, hopefully.....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I've now got 5.0.0.90 running flawlessly on my Rogers Bold. Downloaded it via rapidshare and installed with DM4.7.

I don't wanna create to much of an overlap in information though check out the 5.0 beta discussion thread for my posts, and I've got my PIN listed if anyone wants to chat.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i am just about to go back to .247 os on the 4.6. I love the 5.0 os but i dont like everytime i pull my phone out of my leather swivel case i get a "Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.NullPointerException" error when i receive a blackberry message on my messenger. The browser is a little buggy. I think it needs to be worked on. I like the new hour glass it says blackberry now which is cool and it shows you how long it takes to load your device up also. Keep posting any issue you are having on the 5.0 os please thanks..

papped no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow, very little mention of the browser changes at all...

-Text entry boxes now WORD WRAP
    -Selectable items highlight in red when you cursor over them
    -Faster rendering and scrolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast