Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BerryWeather 2.0 only hit the market about 2 months ago and 2.1 is already here. ... BlackBerry News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

BerryWeather 2.1 Public Beta Open

Advertisement

BerryWeather 2.0 only hit the market about 2 months ago and 2.1 is already here. Well, the beta testing is at least. ThBassMan posted a great review on 2.0 here and as an avid user of the app, I've been loving it. I'm particularly fond of the severe weather alerts and the ability to not only have my house as one location, but a GPS based location that moves with me.

Here's the rundown of improvements from Bellshare:
    • Complete rework of the core. BerryWeather will now fully close when sent to background. The homescreen wallpaper and icon will keep updating.
    • Using new server protocol to improve update speeds and minimze CPU load
    • Changed forecast/advisory update settings. New option 'With Forecats' for advisory will update advisories whenever forecasts are updated, 'Never' will never update advisories
    • Added data+settings backup to memory card
    • Added support for setting the icon size on homescreen walllpaper
    • Added support for blacking out the settings screen (on by default)
    • Added support for selecting whether to show radar/webcam links in internal viewer or browser (allows adding mp3/video/hrml links)
    • Fixed lag on image browser for background image selection
    • Fixed lag issues on BlackBerry Tour (and other devices)
    • Fixed several potential memory leaks
    • Fixed errors on first time built-in map loading
    • Version 2.1 is using a new storage format. This means all data will be lost.
    • We strongly recommend uninstalling any previous version before installing version 2.1
    • You will need a valid BerryWeather 2.x license or this beta will be limited to a 3 day trial.

More information and the download link can be found here, on the Bellshare forums.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yea i downloaded last night...zero lag!!!! he!! yea. im still a little concerned about the memory thing. when i deleted the old version downloaded the new beta, re set device my memory was at 153,892,xxx this morning when i woke up i was at 143,604,xxx still a big drop, however, not sure if its the new theme i downloaded or beejive which are both a week old. i always leave beejive on but just yahoo chat. so is anybody else still seeing large memory use? 8900/OS4.6.1
    thank you
    camshafter

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...posted this on the previous thread :
    It's a step forward on the last update. Great to be able to backup settings and resize icon on the homescreen.
    Well done Bellshare.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    yea i downloaded last night...zero lag!!!! he!! yea. im still a little concerned about the memory thing. when i deleted the old version downloaded the new beta, re set device my memory was at 153,892,xxx this morning when i woke up i was at 143,604,xxx still a big drop, however, not sure if its the new theme i downloaded or beejive which are both a week old. i always leave beejive on but just yahoo chat. so is anybody else still seeing large memory use? 8900/OS4.6.1
    thank you
    camshafter
    I dropped BeeJive as it really seemed to cause a memory leak. Haven't noticed any problems with this new BW yet. Actually love the fact that the main program closes and only the icon/wallpaper run in the background.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I dropped BeeJive as it really seemed to cause a memory leak. Haven't noticed any problems with this new BW yet. Actually love the fact that the main program closes and only the icon/wallpaper run in the background.
    ok so then in about 1 hour my memory went from 143,604,xxx to 146,309,xxx yes up, to 133,314,xxx...and in a 24 hour period 153,892,xxx to 133,314,xxx that just seems really big! i didnt do any web and all cache is clear, so either beweather or beejive or theme..aaaggghhh, oh or berry joose? maybe i just delete one at a time and see which one it is. but i cant see where anybody is having any more problems with beweather either here or at CB or at bellshare.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    cam i think the mem leak is with the theme- i have beejive running 24/7 and my battery holds a long time
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    ask
    what about memory? batt is fine

PIN/ID
    Ask
    ok so then in about 1 hour my memory went from 143,604,xxx to 146,309,xxx yes up, to 133,314,xxx...and in a 24 hour period 153,892,xxx to 133,314,xxx that just seems really big! i didnt do any web and all cache is clear, so either beweather or beejive or theme..aaaggghhh, oh or berry joose? maybe i just delete one at a time and see which one it is. but i cant see where anybody is having any more problems with beweather either here or at CB or at bellshare.
    Is it an animated theme by chance? Using screen transitions etc..?
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Is it an animated theme by chance? Using screen transitions etc..?
    it is animated

Reflect7 carbon 8900, got at mobihand apps

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Downloadded it last night, seems a lot faster. The GPS location originally put me in Nanjing (must be the default as each version I have dl did this) after two refreshes it put me in my coreect location in TX quite a difference!

I am also noticing after the first reboot the home screen icon notification is stuck on Berryweather no matter what I change it to. Not a theme problem as I have the standard theme on my phone

Memory wise it definitely using less, which on my 9000 is great

Update:
    The icon has now reverted to show the hi/lo temp and weather conditions. I didn't do anything other than submit this post ???
    Last edited by dushdavj; 01-25-2010 at 11:02 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I didn't uninstalling the prior version before installing the 2.1 beta. Anybody else do it this way? Haven't seen any issues, so am wondering if I should bother.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I uninstalled the prior vs. The documentation said that it handles data differently, so maybe if you don't uninstall the prior vs it leaves data on the phone that's not used (takes up more memory)?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I just installed right over the top as well Rog, and no issues here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    k, well I just uninstalled and reinstalled, so we're all good. Thanks for the heads up, though!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    it is animated

Reflect7 carbon 8900, got at mobihand apps
    Some animated themes can be absolutely killer on the battery and memory. Especially if it's one that changes the wallpaper periodically.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast