RIM Announces BlackBerry Application Platform Enhancements to Foster Rich Content Development Open GL ES Support, ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

BBDC: RIM Announces BlackBerry Application Platform Enhancements to Foster

Advertisement

RIM Announces BlackBerry Application Platform Enhancements to Foster Rich Content Development

Open GL ES Support, Java GUI Builder and Theme Studio to Help Developers Generate Dynamic User Experiences

2009 BlackBerry Developer Conference – San Francisco – Research In Motion today announced enhancements to the BlackBerry® Application Platform that will further enable developers to rapidly develop rich content and applications. The enhancements include support for OpenGL® ES for the development of 3D games and graphics; an upcoming Java® GUI builder for the rapid development of user interfaces for BlackBerry applications; and BlackBerry® Theme Studio for the creation of themes for BlackBerry® smartphones.

“We are making it easier than ever for developers, hobbyists and content providers to build graphic-rich experiences for BlackBerry smartphones,” said Alan Brenner, Senior Vice President, BlackBerry Platform at Research In Motion. “These new features will help drive a multitude of engaging themes, games and applications for BlackBerry smartphone users.”

OpenGL ES Support Enables 3D Games and Graphics for BlackBerry Smartphones

With OpenGL ES support, Java developers will have the ability to build 3D games and graphics for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 5.0 and higher. The OpenGL ES support is available through an update of the BlackBerry® Java® Software Development Kit (BlackBerry Java SDK). A beta version of the BlackBerry Java SDK 5.0 including OpenGL ES support is available at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/develop...e/javasdk5.jsp

GUI Builder for BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse to Simplify User Interface Design

An upcoming GUI builder integrated into the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse will make it faster and easier for Java developers to build user interfaces for BlackBerry applications. Developers will be able to rapidly create and localize complex user interfaces with a WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) view and drag and drop capabilities. The Java GUI builder will also allow developers to easily preview their user interface design on different BlackBerry smartphones.

The GUI builder for the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse will be previewed this week at the 2009 BlackBerry Developer Conference (www.blackberrydeveloperconference.com). It is expected to be available in mid 2010.

New BlackBerry Theme Studio Enables Easy Theme Design, Illustration and Animation

RIM is also announcing the availability of BlackBerry Theme Studio – a free suite of theme design, illustration and animation tools that make it easier to create custom interfaces (themes) for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 4.2.2 and higher, including the new BlackBerry® Storm2™ and BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphones.

BlackBerry Theme Studio includes:

- BlackBerry Theme Builder – a design tool for customizing a smartphone’s user interface, including the home screen layout, fonts, icons, message list colors, cursors, dialog boxes and home screen application icons.

- BlackBerry Composer – an illustration and animation tool for creating animated SVG graphics that can be used to add animation to theme buttons and backgrounds as well as animate web sites and applications for BlackBerry smartphones.

BlackBerry Theme Studio 5.0, which replaces the previously available Plazmic Content Developer’s Kit™, features the ability to import Adobe Photoshop files to BlackBerry Theme Builder, add ringtones and build screen transitions such as zooming, sliding, wiping and fading within themes. Ringtones and screen transitions are supported for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 5.0 and higher.

RIM also announced today that themes for BlackBerry smartphones can now be submitted to BlackBerry App World™.

BlackBerry Theme Studio is available for free and can be downloaded at www.blackberry.com/themestudio.

For more information about the BlackBerry Application Platform, visit www.blackberry.com/developer
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Great Stuff, thanks for the info.

Hopefully this gives the themers some cool new options, lots of good stuff....still glad I got my Droid though
    Twitter? My Apps List

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh YES!!! Come to papi theme builder goodies. Droooooooool . I'm all over this shenanigan. No themes for you!!!!! Come back one year!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    This sounds so amazing. Its so exciting to see all these things happening for RIM users. I know that the Blackberry has catered so wonderfully to the professional users. And I think that its wonderful that RIM is recognizing that just because we r professional users, doesn't men we don't want all the fun that can go with a great media device too! I look forward to the great things that are going to integrated in these newer platforms, thanks Cherri for sharing the info! I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Oh YES!!! Come to papi theme builder goodies. Droooooooool . I'm all over this shenanigan. No themes for you!!!!! Come back one year!
    Silly
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    OMG OMG OMG OMG! it's installing.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^^ calm down Mighty Mouse, ur gonna blow a gasket...LOL!!!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    OH WOW!!! Love the interface...

Thank you for this early christmas gift RIM. I take back all those horrible, horrible things I said about you; including those times I wished you the worst . Friends?
    Last edited by raton; 11-09-2009 at 10:21 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^^ lmao. Ur ao funny. Gah I wanna learn how to make themes.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Wish I knew where to begin on how to make a theme. I better leave it to the professionals.

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2
    You begin by downloading the new BlackBerry Theme Studio

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    To all you new themers or veterans please be advised that the new Theme studio will ask you to remove your current Desktop Manager. Just a warning before you flip out after the installation. Those who rely on Desktop manager for tethering just beware. Hope this helps.

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Sweet! Can't wait to start porting over some of my themes and creating some new stuff with these new features!!!