Yesterday, I noticed a twitter from intomobile.com talking about a rumor that BlackBerry themes will ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

App World to start selling themes?

Advertisement

Yesterday, I noticed a twitter from intomobile.com talking about a rumor that BlackBerry themes will be coming to App World in November. Coinciding it with the BlackBerry Developer Conference, I figured the rumor was probably spot on .. RIM usually announces "big" things at conferences. I won't go into the specifics of what it takes to get your app listed in App World, but let's just say that, as a commercial theme developer, if I have to jump through hoops in addition to paying RIM to list my themes, it probably isn't going to happen. The screenshot is a just that, a screen capture of one of the many sessions being offered at BBDC. Rumor? I highly doubt it with all the evidence pointing otherwise.

::edit:: BTW, I attended the BBDC last year and they had NOTHING in regards to themes or how to create visually pleasing UI... another reason on why the rumor prob isn't really a rumor anymore.

For more information on the BlackBerry Developer Conference, go here
    If you are a developer and interested in meeting up with PinStack Editors at BBDC, please send me a PM
    Last edited by hayden; 10-23-2009 at 01:56 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    RIM already missed the Theme boat.

I'm not saying anything more about it.

Posted via smartphone

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    RIM already missed the Theme boat.

I'm not saying anything more about it.

Posted via smartphone
    Haha... no need

My favorite quote though, from Simon's post on IntoMobile ...

What I am worried about is BPlay simply steamrolling all other theme developers on App World thanks to their tight relationship with RIM.