via AllThingsD : Web browsing and email have comfortably migrated to mobile handhelds like the ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

A Blackberry Priced Right for Newcomers

Advertisement

via AllThingsD:

Web browsing and email have comfortably migrated to mobile handhelds like the iPhone, BlackBerry and Palm (PALM) Pre. But many of these gadgets still cost a lot compared with cellphones that come free with renewed two-year contracts.
    This week, I tested a new BlackBerry that costs less than any other BlackBerry did at launch—that is, if you buy it at the right place. Research in Motion’s (RIMM) BlackBerry Curve 8520 costs just $49 at Wal-Mart (WMT)—or $130 if you buy it at T-Mobile. Both prices are with two-year T-Mobile contracts.

Read Full Article
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-12-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Removed broken linkage.....

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good for them to offer an entry level option but it looks so entry level.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I also posted last week about it being free at walmartwireless(let's talk) and only a penny at amazon. Definitely a great way to lure in new smartphone users....hopefully they will be able to realistically weigh out what the data plan will do to their budget but at least t-mobile is one of the most affordable with their plans.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The video demos how the new screen movements work (Track Pad). I couldn't post the video so you will have to use the link to watch it.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I took a look at it at the Tmo store. The build itself feels cheap. For $50 or free it's definitely worthwhile. But at the Tmo store, the 8900 was only $20 more. Go figure. Although the trackpad felt like really cheap plastic, it worked pretty well.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    it looks like a nice entry level device, im just not digging the whole square trackball thing that much, its not a future that appeals to me because it looks harder to work than a trackball on my 8330
    Never give up...you can always make a difference