There has been news of so many upcoming devices for BlackBerry. I know many of ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

8900 Curve coming to AT&T in June?

Advertisement

There has been news of so many upcoming devices for BlackBerry. I know many of you can't wait to be one of the first to show off the latest and maybe greatest, but some people would rather get a device that has been released for a few months and seems reliable. Most feedback on the 8900 has been very positive and I'm sure others are wondering when someone other than T-Mobile will start carrying the device here in the US. Well,BGR is reporting this morning that it looks like AT&T will finally get the 8900 Curve in June.

"OK everybody, just calm down. We got word from one of our ninjas that the BlackBerry Curve 8900 will finally be arriving at AT&T stores some time in June. For those who were hoping for a miracle or at least a little something special added on to compensate you for the handset’s tardiness, sorry, it’ll basically be a mirror of the T-Mobile version. The AT&T version will however have the same themes as the Bold 9000. Woo"

[Read More]
    Last edited by azstar; 05-03-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    AT&T should have put it out months ago. I just don't see it being a big seller now

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If the Niagara or Tour comes out at the same time as this comes to AT&T I would compare them both and go for the better one outta the two and also I hope that by that time the next iphone comes out
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If this one is UMA enabled ill make the jump to AT&T

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    AT&T should have put it out months ago. I just don't see it being a big seller now
    True. i agree with you, whats the point?? and then its gonna have the same specs as the T-mobile version, i have an unlocked one already on Att, so personally i don't get it..

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice! I want to switch to AT&T anyway.

dunking16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    But will this phone have G3?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by dunking16 View Post
    But will this phone have G3?
    no... hence the 8xxx nomenclature.

ive played with my sisters tmo 8900... and its pretty cool. 2g speeds are mediocre. i like my bold better. the 8900 keyboard isnt anywhere near as nice as the bolds, and the bolds larger screen has me spoiled now. im not sure i could make the step down to an 8900, but were gonna upgrade the wife from an htc 8525 to the 8900.

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    If this one is UMA enabled ill make the jump to AT&T
    Is there any additional charge from AT&T for utilizing UMA? If not, this would cause me to overlook the lack of 3G. I care more about being able to talk on my phone than sending an email/pic a few seconds second faster.

And lets be honest, if I'm not getting a good cell signal and have wi-fi available, I'm going to switch to that for data anyway. Plus, there are a TON of wi-fi spots in NYC.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by ewvarn View Post
    Is there any additional charge from AT&T for utilizing UMA? If not, this would cause me to overlook the lack of 3G. I care more about being able to talk on my phone than sending an email/pic a few seconds second faster.

And lets be honest, if I'm not getting a good cell signal and have wi-fi available, I'm going to switch to that for data anyway. Plus, there are a TON of wi-fi spots in NYC.
    there is no inherent charge for being connected to a UMA server, but the services you employ over the UMA connection may have related charges. for example, as for tmobile, without the UMA phone addon feature, all calls made over UMA are charged as regular minutes from your minute plan.