Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I did fail to say that on my screen display in addition to GPRS, I ... BlackBerry News forum

theroadkill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    UponRqst

Arrow

Advertisement

I did fail to say that on my screen display in addition to GPRS, I show a tiny "wi-fi" just to the immediate left of the "GPRS" and the lowest thing at the top of the display it says "T-Mobile - 2WIRE261 (my router name) - so I think it knows it's there. It just won't switch automatically. (All this is using scribble theme so it might be a little different than what others are showing.)
    FWIW - this means that your data is running over WiFi, but UMA is the VoIP portion and that did not kick in. (I occasionally have that problem, sometimes even @ Starbucks . A new sim card seems to reduce, but not resolve this thus far...)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by theroadkill View Post
    FWIW - this means that your data is running over WiFi, but UMA is the VoIP portion and that did not kick in. (I occasionally have that problem, sometimes even @ Starbucks . A new sim card seems to reduce, but not resolve this thus far...)
    After accomplishing the tasks in my post #88, my wi-fi/UMA problem is SOLVED! I have "solid and constant" UMA at home and the only way to make it go away is to turn off wi-fi and switch to internet browser in the browser oprtions. It's great!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cm111306 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242AB284

Thumbs up friends

well i think your suppose to go to the manage connection and disconnect the wi fi....thats what i think. if anyone here has any cool things for blackberry here is my pin...242ab284...add me on blackberry messenger, we can help each other on cool websites and softwares!!!

jezzon no está en línea Stack level 1
    what you need to do is open your Browser, then press de BB menu key, scroll down to options there you'll see browser configurations, it will say T-mobile, or your carrier and as an option Wi-Fi, choose the one you want

TT143 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have looked every where I can think of and still can not find the WIFI connection to turn on and off. I tried options but could not find WIFI. Any sugestions?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Go to the manage connections icon, if you set up your wifi, then you check the wifi box under the mobile network. It should say the name of your router connection and have a green checked circle. Scroll down to services status. It should say wi-fi on all the connections, scroll lower, the mobile network will say UMA.

Now go to options and go to browser, set the default browser config to Wi-fi Browser and save it. Now go back to options and select Mobile Network. Change your preference to Wi-Fi preferred and save. Now see if that helped.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-16-2008 at 06:53 AM.

blackryn0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I found that it be a blessing and a curse cause when I put my wifi preferred I find that when I get calls it fails after a few mins.

kissfru no está en línea Stack level 1
    First off, the 8320 is a WI-FI Phone...wi-fi is always on wether you are wi-fi edge or wi-fi UMA. The phone is prinarily a wi-fi phone. You will have two different speeds, hi speed uma or standard speed edge but this is a wi-fi phone. Optonize you're connection so you are connecting uma and you'll experience uma hi-speed internet while browsing but even thru uma its not the fadtest car on the block. The phone is not an optimal way to browse. T-mobile offers uma "hotspot@home" service where you can talk for hours on end with unlimited minutrs while talking "wi-fi uma" which I use all the time. They will even send you a fairly decent linksys router to use free with the mail in rebate. Both my wife and I work from home and were both coorperate...on conference calls all day long, endlessly some days. She uses the lanbline and I use the curve so my monthly minutes range upwards of 5000 minutes and I'm not charged for them because I'm "wi-fi uma."
    Its an optimal way to budget save...free minutes. I use the curve to answer e-mail and edit docs but I don't browse...no time anyway.
    Hope this helps...

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    Could be a question already asked. But I am on opera and no where near a comp to search. But I currently have the $60 plan from tmob.
    1000 mins
    Free txt
    Free data

No wifi plan but if I access uma will that be free or will t mob charge me for that?

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    If you have unlimited data you can use the uma to access data at no charge. You can't use the uma to make unlimited phone calls unless you subscribe to the $9.99 Hot Spot at Home plan.

nj4x4fever no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go into wifi connections and shut off the connections you do not want to use, I am only using my wifi connections at the moment.

interferon18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi,
    ive just switchd from pearl to curve.I have a basic family plan from TMO and no data services of blackberry.i get the UMA connection set up with my home router.but the problem is that i cant surf.
    is it somewhere iam going wrong or unless you dont subscribe to BB dataplan 19.99$p/m, i will not be able to use the WI-FI facility of curve thru my home router.
    Anyone and everyone please reply or suggest.
    many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by interferon18 View Post
    hi,
    ive just switchd from pearl to curve.I have a basic family plan from TMO and no data services of blackberry.i get the UMA connection set up with my home router.but the problem is that i cant surf.
    is it somewhere iam going wrong or unless you dont subscribe to BB dataplan 19.99$p/m, i will not be able to use the WI-FI facility of curve thru my home router.
    Anyone and everyone please reply or suggest.
    many thanks.
    Not sure? Did you set your Mobile setting in options to wifi preferred?

interferon18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi Pdxmatts,
    i have set that to wi-fi prefered.how do i go about setting it or the BB services is a must to use the wi-fi thing.
    But to me it makes no sense having a wi-fi and able to surf in home without taking the BB services!!!please correct me if am missing out something.

Hi, I am really not sure because I use the data plan. Best person to PM is jonnyxedge. He would probably know.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast