Yes. You should see it there... BlackBerry News forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Advertisement

Yes. You should see it there

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinw
    .....the nice leather case, why? NO belt clip!
    Its so small it'll fit in your front pocket. If you're a woman just throw it in your purse

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE are on

I don't have that option, I've attached a screen shot. I re-registered on the network and rebooted, still not there.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

so what is the procedure to have wifi acess when theres signal and if no signal auto go to edge? i read throogh the forums cant figure it out

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

bcbbanga4l, go to Options > Mobile Network > and you should see Connection Preference, set it to Wi-Fi.

I don't have the option though, so you might not either. . .:-\

Look at post #25

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

I have it and mine looks like that so if there is a wifi signal it will use it for browsing and if theres not it will just use edge right? cause when it son the home screen it says EDGE

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

just ran through all this..

UMA working perfectly

thanks to everyone who contributed!
    dj flyy

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

heh. Even setting the data services off when roaming doesn't help with the fact that I have a perfectly good Wifi repeater setup to extend my network sitting in my front window and if I step more then 20 feet away from my front door the 8320 drops from UMA to Edge. The repeater I have is sitting behind glass so it should have a clear path to me .. doesn't seem to matter. It seems that I can't get a UMA connection more then 30 feet from my AT&T 2Wire. Nice.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

mettmann no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE are on

Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    Good news for you! I think I figured this out! You need to go to Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services should be changed to "Off When Roaming"

This tells the 8320 to use the Wi-Fi for all your data services while using H@H, instead of routing it through tmobiles uma servers. It doesn't make sense that they would make all of your data browsing go through a proxy like that, but I don't know how else to explain the slower speed.

I have been experiencing the uma vs UMA T-Mobile issue, and since I don't get mobile network coverage at home I wasn't getting my any of my push email email on the 8320. Not until, I connected to some sort of edge connection/mobile network by walking outside of my condo. Since I made this setting change I have experienced faster browsing, and I am receiving email.

I figure all of this because if you look at - Manage Connections -> Services Status; you'll notice that when connected to UMA/uma you're 'roaming' on the mobile network.

Everyone, please share your thoughts on this. I have a strong background in home networking/routing, but I'm just getting in touch with the concept of UMA. So I could be completely wrong - but good luck.
    excellent work around - a huge speed difference (x3) browsing cnn.com and other graphic intensive sites vs. the previous edge speeds I was getting - thanks!!!

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

anyone else have the issue where the device wont re-connect to a prioritized wifi network? for example, i have wifi at work and home setup on my 8320, but when i get to home or work, the device wont connect to UMA. wifi darkens (sometimes), but it remains using EDGE (or edge). when i do a battery pull, or turn wifi off and on again, it will then connect to UMA. what do i do?

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello ... I have bought a TMO Curve (gold) and I did not used the Switch Device Wizard. I only copied my contacts and notes, nothing else. My older device was 7320 and I just switched the card and went on the TMO site and it noticed I had changed devices. It then pushed all the service books and I was on my way.

I do not have UMA (@HOME) service either. I do not have the connect preference option like may others.

Would the wipe device procedure work for me? What about the fix to set Data Services to "Off when Roaming"?

I would not mind doing a wipe since I only have a weeks worth of junk but only if it works.

Thanks!

rodneydrag no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. Changed to WEP 64 bit and everything works fine. Would not accept 128 bit.

mitchelrl no está en línea Stack level 1

I did the advanced restore and brought my messages and blackberry messenger contacts over with me and let my bes take care of adding my contacts back.

My buddy was one of the "suckers" that got these early and found this out before I followed in his footsteps.

Great phone otherwise, I don't like having to mash the track ball so hard, but I guess it's too late as I already gave my pearl to my girlfriend.

UMA is awesome though.

zoeyak03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ah...now that's more like it... Thanks for the wi-fi advice everyone...it was a pain in the rear to wipe and re-install, but at least wi-fi is working.

kadioglu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23C3F514

Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    Good news for you! I think I figured this out! You need to go to Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services should be changed to "Off When Roaming"

This tells the 8320 to use the Wi-Fi for all your data services while using H@H, instead of routing it through tmobiles uma servers. It doesn't make sense that they would make all of your data browsing go through a proxy like that, but I don't know how else to explain the slower speed.

I have been experiencing the uma vs UMA T-Mobile issue, and since I don't get mobile network coverage at home I wasn't getting my any of my push email email on the 8320. Not until, I connected to some sort of edge connection/mobile network by walking outside of my condo. Since I made this setting change I have experienced faster browsing, and I am receiving email.

I figure all of this because if you look at - Manage Connections -> Services Status; you'll notice that when connected to UMA/uma you're 'roaming' on the mobile network.

Everyone, please share your thoughts on this. I have a strong background in home networking/routing, but I'm just getting in touch with the concept of UMA. So I could be completely wrong - but good luck.
    I tend to disagree with this approach as I am mostly overseas and have the Blacberry Unlimited Data service while roaming overseas. This solution would effectively kill my edge data connection if I am away from my wi-fi zone since I am always roaming while overseas.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast