Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If you open options in the blackberry browser,go to General Properties and ... BlackBerry News forum

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE On

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you open options in the blackberry browser,go to General Properties and select either Tzones (for EDGE data) or Wi+Fi (for a wifi network)

This is what I have been doing.

Has anyone discovered a way for it to automatically swap when its not in a wifi network??

kwseelbach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012XX12

I bought the 8320 yesterday (Saturday) in Houston, TX. I am having trouble using the WIFI internet. I am at home (WIFI connection available and showing) but seem to be browsing at EDGE speeds. Any one have a solution?

I do not want to wipe my handheld as I am afraid it will clear my BES info. I just linked with my company's BES database yesterday to set up my work email, contacts, etc. and I don't want to undo that. Just need to get the WIFI working automatically.

Impressed with 8320 so far, but the WIFI should have worked seemlessly out of the box.

PLEASE HELP

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Mine did work right ot of the box.
    Did u use DM to switch BlackBerry devices with a full switch? That has been causing problems, and requires a partial wipe(u can leave 3rd party apps) and then an advanced restore of your address, messages, and such. Make sure u back up first.

kwseelbach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012XX12

No I don't use desktop manager. Everything was done wireless. I just put in my old SIM (from my 8700g) and got my BES password from IT guy.

If it is on WiFi, it is really slow and I am disappointed in that respect. Is there anyway I can test whether or not I am surfing at WiFi speeds? Doesn't feel like it to me.

getmetty no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a document up on the BlackBerry.com website that describes the connection options and priorities when using Wi-Fi and Edge. It references the 8820, but is applicable to 8320 also.

na.blackberry.com/eng/ataglance/networks/Access_BlackBerry_Data Services_Via_Wi-Fi.pdf

You can also see the what connection is used by each service by going into Manage Connections - Service Status.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

If UMA is not showing, wipe your device, advance restore it (restore address book, memo, profiles etc. only) Then resend your service book.

memeuu no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried everything, wiping out handheld/restoring only address book/phone log and sending service book but my device still doesn't switch to UMA autometicly, I can turn off mobile netwok and it will switch to UMA but not autometicly. Please help
    Thanks

dino8700 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6E9E

The wipe handheld and partial restore worked well for me and allows me to move between WiFi and mobile network automatically ----but I noticed after I did this I am unable to open certain email attachments (namely .jpg) - when I go to open them it says "Service Book information not found"

Im wondering did I not restore something I should have?? I went to tmobile's website and resent the service books but I cant get it to open jpg attachments.

Any help would be appreciated- Thanks!
    Dino

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Wh00t. I had the same problem. Did the device transfer wizard, and it screwed up the UMA. Then when I wiped and copied just contacts, bookmarks, etc. It's works great now.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Theuberprof:
    I have a 8320 on the way, and I will need to back-up or transfer my contacts and email from the 8800 piece of junk I have.
    Can you make any suggestions as to how I should proceed or do this. I want to proceed with extreme caution because I had a Lemon 8800, and had great difficulty with Tmobile getting this adjusted. Actually I took a "Bath on the Phone"
    Also can anyone explain better the router and tmobile UMA service. Is it really worthwile and how good id the quality of the call compared to a wired phone-

Thank you- Larry

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE are on

Quote Originally Posted by ccjjr59
    How do you make the 8320 use Wifi when both EDGE and Wifi are available. I don't want to use the slow EDGE if Wifi is available... I've had to turn off the EDGE connection to make it fast.

Also, what is the wifi browser and where is it?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Good news for you! I think I figured this out! You need to go to Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services should be changed to "Off When Roaming"

This tells the 8320 to use the Wi-Fi for all your data services while using H@H, instead of routing it through tmobiles uma servers. It doesn't make sense that they would make all of your data browsing go through a proxy like that, but I don't know how else to explain the slower speed.

I have been experiencing the uma vs UMA T-Mobile issue, and since I don't get mobile network coverage at home I wasn't getting my any of my push email email on the 8320. Not until, I connected to some sort of edge connection/mobile network by walking outside of my condo. Since I made this setting change I have experienced faster browsing, and I am receiving email.

I figure all of this because if you look at - Manage Connections -> Services Status; you'll notice that when connected to UMA/uma you're 'roaming' on the mobile network.

Everyone, please share your thoughts on this. I have a strong background in home networking/routing, but I'm just getting in touch with the concept of UMA. So I could be completely wrong - but good luck.
    --
    Walt

FilterMiller no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE are on

interesting solution. I tried the above and i am browsing faster but am also having webpages time out. Im nervous to do the full restore due to losing my programs and settings.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

i opened mine up today...and it worked perfectly out of the box...it prioritized H@H and UMA and it all works great... when i am home, WiFi is used over EDGE, and when I leave home, EDGE kicks in and WiFi goes away... I didnt have to change any settings.

Knepster no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys, new here and I have a quick question.

Just got my 8320 today and I'm having problems getting the WiFi to work. Do you have to subscribe to H@H to get it to work? I don't want to use UMA, just have WiFi for faster browsing. When I try to connect to my home network I get this message: W010: Wi-Fi Association Failed.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Question Re: 8320 How to make it use Wifi when both Wifi and EDGE are on

Hey, when I go to Options I don't get the Connection Preference to set it to Wi-Fi?

I should be seeing this right?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast