Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Last time it did that to me I just changed my theme and everything went ... BlackBerry News forum

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 7290 Handheld 4.1 upgrade.

Advertisement

Last time it did that to me I just changed my theme and everything went back to normal ...

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I upgraded my 7290 to 4.1 but i didn't have to delete the vendor file. i actually forgot to remove the vendor file, but when i connected my 7290, it just upgraded itself.
    And all my old settings were maintained, even the icon arrangement on the homescreen. Cool!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You have to delete the vendor.xml file if the upgrade is not from your provider but if it's from yours the DM will see it automatically

sazodada no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by aland
    Just upgraded my 7290 with 4.1. I also downloaded a couple of themes and I'm using "lightwave". Since I did both, I get this message serveral times a day:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException [OK]

It's not blocking since I can confirm the [OK]. But does anyone know how I can get rid of the message and/or why I get it?
    I has same issue with lightwave.....dunno if lightwave was the issue.....but what i did was backup/wipe handheld/then add back addr book etc., and problem has not happened since.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i updated a 7290 to software 4.1 and now when you turn on the bluetooth that phone will turn off??? is that the software or should i just reinstall and what steps should i take for that?? thanks guys
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

hubblebridgette no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is totally off subject, but I can not find a room on the forums with someone else in it about the 7290, can someone help me?
    I got a 7290 off ebay (cute phone), but got no software, my SIM wirks fine, but I have no idea what a 373 error is. I have taken out the battery and screwed with this for like 3 hours, can anyone tell me how to get this to go away and how to reset the phone?
    Frustrated and need more coffee
    Bridgette

suprab77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by berryirish View Post
    I upgraded to 4.1:cry: on my 7290 but I just now discovered I don't have the Browser on my screen! What to do?? I did back up but it seems it "lost" the program. HELP!
    I recall another user posted about this somewhere:

Go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP and it should have APN: info. for example: Tmobile is wap.voicestream.com, leave username and password blank. APN info for other carriers are different.

Also click on Host Routing Table and from menu click on Register Now. This will register your device with network and you should get service books re-send to your device.

This worked for me...If anyone has more specific info/help, please reply...
    -- Suprab77

suprab77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by aland View Post
    Just upgraded my 7290 with 4.1. I also downloaded a couple of themes and I'm using "lightwave". Since I did both, I get this message serveral times a day:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException [OK]

It's not blocking since I can confirm the [OK]. But does anyone know how I can get rid of the message and/or why I get it?

I am using lightwave theme with OS 4.1 on BB 7290 with no problem.

Remove other themes that causes error and press ALT-CAP-DEL to do a hard reboot or remove Battery wait 10 seconds put back in, the device will reboot.

Sometimes a particular software or theme will cause exception. Make sure you are using the correct version of Plazmic theme reader for OS 4.1 and you download themes only to device. Plazmic Theme readers are included with themes for benefit of others....not necessary to redownload theme readers each time.

If anyone has better solution than I do, please post reply!
    -- Suprab77

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12