Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Love my tour; love my ipod touch. Find them complementary to each other. No issues ... BlackBerry News forum

subiedubie no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Love my tour; love my ipod touch. Find them complementary to each other. No issues with the tour, but within minutes of turning it on, i found i had to lighten my touch on the trackball, even after reducing the sensitivity. If I had half the problems I see posted, especially given they seem to be hardware/quality control issues, it would sorely test my love of all things blackberry. RIM, don't end up like Palm did!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    MissTigg, That may have been a good move on both your parts - the Curve seems to be one of the most popular BB's ever. I've had both the 8320 and now the 8330 and I'm more than happy with it. I have to say (somewhat sadly)that I've not been tempted much by any of the new devices that have come out over that past year or so - they all seem to have a problem or two over the Curve's relatively smooth running.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I noticed the same thing playing with it in the store, but my 8830 WE i used to have had the same issue from time to time. but a simple reset and alcohol wipe of the trackball cleared up the issue. Anyone try the alcohol pads on their tours? Any luck?
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

dkcoppin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had my tour from sprint for almost a month now and I have not had any problems with mine. And my trackball works great. I used to use alcohol pads on my Curve but I have not had to do this with my Tour and I am hoping I won't have to.

eah523 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow, i didn't realize that Verizons Tour was so problem free. Whats funny is that the Tour was manufactured from the same warehouses just has a different logo and service providers programming. Maybe if we all did a little more research, Sprint isn't the only one having issues with the trackball. Verizon is having the same exact issues and return rate as Sprint. Only a specific amount of Tours that were shipped out had that issue. After a specific date, they fixed these issues. Again, both Verizon and Sprint had the same issues. And i have had my Tour since it came out and never had an issue. I guess we all have to blame someone for these issues. I think customers also need to realize that phones aren't phones anymore, they will have issues just like normal electronics do today.

berryrj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hi everybody!
    I am a Berry addict user from France and I must say that RIM's future in France is pretty compromised with the Tour. It has not been released here yet and media are already reporting this issue about the trackball. I think that a lot of potential customers will heading towards the iPhone 3GS. Plus nobody has forgotten the negative aspects (or features ? sorry, I am French) of the Storm.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by berryrj View Post
    Hi everybody!
    I am a Berry addict user from France and I must say that RIM's future in France is pretty compromised with the Tour. It has not been released here yet and media are already reporting this issue about the trackball. I think that a lot of potential customers will heading towards the iPhone 3GS. Plus nobody has forgotten the negative aspects (or features ? sorry, I am French) of the Storm.

Yup! The release of the storm kinda did it for RIM. Everything after that went to hell. Sad but true.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Berry,

Thanks for the report. It's too bad. My understanding is that there were an early batch of bad Tours and that the more recent ones do not have the trackball problem. Also true is that any product, device or software, that comes to market before it's ready causes a degree of bad reputation for that company AND, often, a consumer move to another product.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Berry,

Thanks for the report. It's too bad. My understanding is that there were an early batch of bad Tours and that the more recent ones do not have the trackball problem. Also true is that any product, device or software, that comes to market before it's ready causes a degree of bad reputation for that company AND, often, a consumer move to another product.

Yes indeed!!! Look at Vista for example. Many of the people I know who purchased their laptops/machines with that (crappy) OS were soooooooo dissappointed and were forced to revert to XP Pro as a result or going Linux or mac.

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Yes indeed!!! Look at Vista for example. Many of the people I know who purchased their laptops/machines with that (crappy) OS were soooooooo dissappointed and were forced to revert to XP Pro as a result or going Linux or mac.
    Exactly! It happens in all companies from time to time - some more than others. I don't like to see RIM do it because I'm still a BB nut too and I'm not even tempted by their recent releases.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rim better make the future phones not have this problem cause if they fail then I think rim will see darker days
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    I can't believe I'm reading that Hayden has switched to an iPhone. Albeit, I've done the same

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I can't believe I'm reading that Hayden has switched to an iPhone. Albeit, I've done the same
    Most people have made the same move (including myself). I loved BB's and still do I just don't like the people that are currently operating and managing the release of their merchandise. I would much rather wait a whole year for a new device than to have 10 devices all doing the same thing with the same OS on different screen sizes.

Variety's good but if you cannot accomodate every serie's needs what's the point of dishing them out? At least release one a year but be sure it runs properly and be sure to have updates for it and not only for one series and forget about the others because they're considered outdated or incapable of running the same OS because of its limited memory.

I've used BB's since the 71xx series till the very latest 9700 and I did like the way they worked but now that I've used the latest version of the iPhone I'm a bit skeptical about the whole fuzz about them to begin with. I would go back to them once they upgrade their browser screen size and most importantly OS. They should adopt the Android OS and get it over with.

Updating a browser is not updating the so called speed of it to load images and what have you, it is revamping the UI as a whole and making it user friendly not complicated. I just hope they get their game up in 2010 for their sake. Majority of the people are now opting out for an iPhone or an Android based device and I don't blame them because sooner or later people will realize that bb's are not what they used to be. Nevertheless, I do wish to say next year I'm happy to have come back to a BB but I doubt it'll happen due to the antiquated OS. :cry:

Well, I'm hanging in there with my trusty 8330 but I'm getting more frustrated by the day. Slow, not enough memory, etc. etc. I wonder if RIM will come out with something that'll save us hold-outs or the last one to switch will turn out the lights as he/she switches. I still have hope - I DO love my BB and it'll take more than an iPhone to get my business. It might happen with a Droid though.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    All I have to say is that I'm waiting for the last 6 months of my contract to expire before I move to the HTC Touch Pro 2. But until that happens, I got an iPod Touch for my birthday. I'm using the thing more and more at home and in some places where I get free WiFi access. The only thing it is missing is obviously the text and phone portions of the iPhone but I'm happy (I use my 8120 for those).

I have had a laundry list of problems with BlackBerry but the breaking point was having to replace my 14 month old Pearl 8120 because of the trackball, and finding out from CS that I wasn't the only one with the same problem.

As of right now, I am still using the iPod Touch (for all email access, FaceBook app and messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, MySpace app and messenger, and Twitter) along with my SK3 (AIM, WLM, Yahoo, texting, phone). I'm very happy with this combo. I would like to consolidate once again so that's why I'll be comparing features on the SK LX 09 with the myTouch 3G, and going from there on which phone to get in less than 3 months.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast