Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by skyroc Wow this is funny I've never had that problem with my ... BlackBerry News forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skyroc View Post
    Wow this is funny
    I've never had that problem with my tour. I think its simply sprint. I'm on verizon and I never had that problem the only thing I dislike is the longer restart time my old 8330 boots faster
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    It's not just Sprint. We have 5 Verizon Tours here in my office and they all have the problem. The issue for us, and I think most others, is when trying to scroll horizontally & mainly to the right.

I hate returning devices but if RIM doesn't acknowledge the problem soon, I'll return all of these until we get one that works as expected.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

gdbjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D5C261
    Seems to me RIM has some quality control issues. Haven't all of the newly released BB had issues out of the gate? RIM needs to replace whoever is in charge of assembly and replace them with a more competent group. I am willing to bet we haven't seen the last of QC issues on new BB's
    "I gotta tell you that the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it."

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is not good news for RIM. It's too bad because a lot of us die-hard BB users are going to switch if RIM doesn't get it together. Right now I love my 8330 but it's limited in memory and function...and, largely because I want/have so many apps on it, it's slow! The speed can be fixed to a large degree with a newer unit with more memory - I had an 8900 for a while so I know that - but RIM seems to be putting less quality and perhaps untested devices in the hands of the consumer more often than they used to.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Furture of RIM lies in the Storm 2 and any future Storm like devices. It's sad to read about all the minor little problems with some of the new model phones. I'm just glad it's not me. I know I would be upset too especially when you factor in the amount of money being spent each month.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    you would think that after 5 years they could build a trackball correctly ! Sad but like some of you above I just recently switched to an iPhone its been better than I thought. Who would have thought you could have a device that did what it was told [most of the tiime] and didn't spontaeously reboot because it felt like it.

I love my BB's that I have had over the years, but something like this [trackballs] is why I am losing faith in them.

Perhaps the Trackpad will cure this problem..... I can only hope so for RIM. Now if ONLY they could get a stable OS they would be much more prepard to take on the "i" beast !

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    nobody could say that I spell either !!

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    Thank god I didnt get the Tour and instead got the Palm Pre, we got our own issues but no return rate that high and we got Jon Rubinstein, I think RIM can use him about now. I was considering to go back to the BB and get the TOUR but now forget it, i will stick it out with the Pre, it does everything i need and then some, just lacks desktop manager.
    TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apparently Sprint and Verizon have refuted the BlackBerry Tour high return rate claim

RIM has used the trackball with what I guess could be called moderate success over the last few generations, but perhaps this is why the new models will have trackpads instead.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my iPhone however I don't think I'm a perma apple drone. Honestly I miss every aspect of my curve, My phone is a great unit but I could care less about the ui. And as far as I can tell that's the only upgrade over my berry (for my normal use at least, email, calender, phone, and other msgng. O and trying to type on the iPhone is about next to impossible for me....Come back to me curve!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    There are definitely not making the bbs like they use to. After having an iPhone I don't think I will be going back to a bb either.
    Much improvement is needed.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well I'll tell you this I used to be in love with my bb I had an 8320 tmo and it was just great lil device but once I put my fingers in an iPhone oh man it was just something else!! As for me I'll never go back to bb
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    All I have to say is that I'm waiting for the last 6 months of my contract to expire before I move to the HTC Touch Pro 2. But until that happens, I got an iPod Touch for my birthday. I'm using the thing more and more at home and in some places where I get free WiFi access. The only thing it is missing is obviously the text and phone portions of the iPhone but I'm happy (I use my 8120 for those).

I have had a laundry list of problems with BlackBerry but the breaking point was having to replace my 14 month old Pearl 8120 because of the trackball, and finding out from CS that I wasn't the only one with the same problem.

mrfurley1974 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe the trackballs are faulty, that is something that RIM needs to fix, but the operators are faulty as well. What does anything with moving parts need? A clean environment. Operators can't have grubby/greasy mitts, all that junk gets caught rolling around the trackball eventually building up underneath the housing. The use of a case helps as well, this is a far safer place to store a BB w/trackballs. If you still cant get past trackballs but love BlackBerry, then you need an 8520. You can eat your cheeseburgers and dirty up your phone all you want!

As far as the OS there is nothing out there better than what Apple puts out there, that innovation goes back to the 1970s, it is hard to catch up to 40 years experience, iPhones are the coolest thing out there, I still personally dislike touchscreens. Eventually technology will get to a point where all technology is of equal quality. It really comes down to where you would like to spend your money.
    Last edited by mrfurley1974; 09-19-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    [RANT]

This is not making my choice easier. I am actually a Sprint Technician and I have been a diehard BB user for years, and with these trackball issues on the tour that I've seen I honestly think it is most users trying to "He-Man" the trackball into working. Especially users that have gone from an 8100 or 8300 series to the new tour. This trackball seems to be "Extremely" sensitive. I've been testing out a few different things, and like stated above, the environment you're using it in, and if you ever wash your hands does have a lot do to with it, I've taken quite a few apart, cleaned the h-e double hockey sticks out of these bad boys and advised the customer to be a little more soft on it, and the majority of those were never returned.

I do have to admit though, that I have seen more than I would like faulty out of the box, and I do agree RIM needs to fix this problem, otherwise there are going to be a lot more iPhone, Palm Pre and Andriod users out there. I am still undecided if my loyalty will remain with the RIM 9630 or if I'm going to switch over to the Pre, I have an iTouch so no need for an iphone with the price of the plan they have to be on, and I don't think me whipping out my new iPhone 3Gs while my shirt brands me as Sprint would make my boss very happy. Lol, But who knows, there are a few way dope phones coming out soon, TouchPro 2, HTC's Hero, and another Palm WebOS phone like the Pre called the Pixie.

So possibly myself and good ole' faithful my 8330 (Ghostberry) may keep this relationship going a little longer.

[/Rant]
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."

MissTiggToYou no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have to say I just made my first BB purchase and was all set to pick up the Tour with my "new every 2" contract with VZW BUT, when I got to the store and said I wanted the Tour the salesclerk steered me away from it. I'm glad he did. I went with the Pink Blackberry Curve and I'm more than happy with it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast