~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry News forum

crutherford no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 4.2 software for 8700

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

silversleepe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

is there something wrong with just downloading this from the cingular website?

craiglewis no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 4.2 software for 8700

I upgraded and now when I go to unlock the keyboard on the 8700c, I click the trackwheel and get the dialog box, but when i hit U for unlock or click the wheel again, I get a message demanding that I hit * and then the green call button to unlock it.

This is nuts.

AT&T can't help.

Anyone know what this is?

JayMc8700G no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2563E9F5

Hey Guys funny enough i've also DL the v4.2 OS for my 8700G but every since i didi i'm not able to send or recieve calls... keep getting call failed, can anyone help here?.....
    RS
    Sent using BlackBerry

Optimus Prime no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D79240
    I upgraded too (4.2.91), and the first time I locked it the same thing happened, but that was it, just that one time.

Try changing your security options. Then lock it and see what happens. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by craiglewis
    I upgraded and now when I go to unlock the keyboard on the 8700c, I click the trackwheel and get the dialog box, but when i hit U for unlock or click the wheel again, I get a message demanding that I hit * and then the green call button to unlock it.

This is nuts.

AT&T can't help.

Anyone know what this is?

mrae no está en línea Stack level 1

I loaded ATT 4.2.1.96. Worked like a charm...loaded everything in about 20 mins. No bugs seen yet. Love the new features! Seems a little slower on the homepage with the sidebar icons; the scroll is not super fast. I think this is due to the fade in animation to the title of the icon. Nonetheless, way worth while.

aabbl100 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have already upgraded my BB (8707) to RIM OS 4.2. It is working well except for one power charger issue that has already been announced by RIM.

< Research In Motion (RIM) BlackBerry 8707h Battery Charging Issue Notification >

Dear Customers:

We sincerely appreciate your continued use of our products and services.
    This notification is in regard to our recent identification of a software issue in the battery charging code of the Research In Motion (RIM) BlackBerry 8707h smartphone software that may occur under a very specific condition when using the included AC chargers*.

*AC chargers include travel charger, holding charger, and external battery charger provided by RIM.
    The source of this has been identified as a specific software implementation issue in battery charging which is believed not to raise any adverse safety concerns for device users as the issue is not related to the AC chargers, the battery pack, or hardware components of the BlackBerry 8707h.

Only BlackBerry 8707h smartphones with software version 4.2.2.122 (July 23, 2007 release)
    are affected by this issue, and customers with smartphones running software version 4.1.0.360 (September 26, 2006 release) will not experience this issue with battery charging.

We sincerely appreciate your continued use of our products and services and offer our sincere apology for any inconvenience this has caused our customers using the BlackBerry 8707h.

To address this issue we have worked closely with RIM to complete a root cause analysis,
    and are now proceeding with the development and production of a software update that fixes this ssue.

Once the preparation for commercial release has been completed we will be offering the BlackBerry 8707h smartphones with the new device software and the software update for existing users. In the mean time, we kindly ask for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.

1. Detailed Description of the issue
    When the battery temperature is above 29°C and the device is connected with the AC chargers and charging, if the AC charger is disconnected, then a subsequent reconnection of the AC charger may not charge the battery.

2. Root Cause
    A specific software implementation issue in battery charging which is believed not to raise any adverse safety concerns for device users

3. Short Term Solution
    Either of the following procedures may be deployed:
    (1). When the smartphone cannot be charged using an AC charger, turn off the smartphone's power, remove and then reinsert the battery pack.
    This will reset your smartphone and charging will again continue.
    (2). Charge the smartphone from a computer using the included USB cable.
    (BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software, included on the CD-ROM shipped in the product package, must be installed on the computer to charge with the USB cable connection)

4. Long Term Solution
    Software that fixes this issue is currently under development.
    Customer will be notified when the new version of the handset software will be made available as soon as possible.

5. Further Customer Notifications
    (1) Notices will be posted on our corporate customer Website and other necessary methods
    (2) Customer inquiries regarding this issue can contact the dedicated support dial on this issue.

Regards,

tenkely no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Is there a 4.2.2 for the 8700? If so where can I get it?

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brucewayne98 no está en línea Stack level 2

can anyone give me advice on how to install the new OS for my blackberry 8700r from rogers? I am completely noob to this and have no idea how anything works... also, is there a chinese input program somewhere i can install? and is it possible to get it OTA?

newbieOP no está en línea Stack level 1

I download the link file and install ..

now i'm lost. ;(

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2

Will this version work for Sprint CDMA too?

jangy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 4.2 software for 8700

8700 OS 4.2 Question

Hi everyone - I bought an unlocked 8700c for my mother. I'd like to update the OS to 4.2 via my local carrier list (Rogers - blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=biERdLcdT), but it only lists the 8700r. Should I try to install this, or should I download from some other carrier?

Fyi, this phone will be used in Europe using a different SIM and service most of the year, so I wonder what the difference between OS' from different carriers is.

Thanks for your help!

jangy no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry folks - my mistake. I removed the backplate and battery on my bb and it seems (despite what my receipt says) that my phone is an 8700r, not an 8700c....so I've downloaded the available 4.2.1.163 OS from Rogers and updated...

brucewayne98:
    To treat your previous question (since I've just finished doing what you're planning to do) the OS 4.2 update works with Blackberry Deskstop Manager - this software is central to the blackberry experience, so if you haven't installed this, do it now. The procedure to update your phone OS is as follows:

1. Download the OS 4.2 installation package for Rogers from here:
    https: //www. blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=biERdLcdT
    (remove the spaces from this URL and paste in your browser - I can't post proper URLs at my member level)
    2. Shut down Desktop Manager.
    3. Plug in your blackberry device via USB.
    4. Run the downloaded exe file.
    5. On the last page, check the box to restart Desktop Manager - after pressing Finish, the OS install app with exit and Desktop Manager will start and will prompt you to install the new OS update. Answer yes, of course.
    6. During setup, select the option to backup your device (this should be checked by default).
    7. In the device application selection page, you can choose which apps you wish to add/remove - I'd suggest you leave it as is for the time-being since you can add/remove programs whenever you want with Desktop Manager.
    8. Everything else is straight forward from that point on...the update software will restart your bb a couple of times during the process.
    9. Voila! Enjoy the new features!

A few new improvements to my antiquated OS version I've noticed right away:

the new background and layout theme...especially the "Today" theme setting (really nice - shows you latest messages and upcoming events)

screen blacks out when the device is locked (I like this a lot).

Media application (well, it's nice, but since there's no camera or memory expansion for this phone I'm not so excited about this)

heheworm no está en línea Stack level 1

that is good.i am try.so i must translate chinses.