Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is pretty sweet so far. Haven't gotten to test out all the features yet. ... BlackBerry News forum

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 4.2 software for 8700 finally out!

Advertisement

This is pretty sweet so far. Haven't gotten to test out all the features yet. It might help me hold off on the 8800 until the price lowers a tad.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am deciding whether or not to upgrade the OS on my 8100 to the one featured on T-Mobile.com for the 8800 LOL

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Fei....

i have been able to get several of the vendor themes to work by hacking the blackberry alx file. I have Vodofone, Verizon, Sprint, Orange, O2, Bell, AT&T and all of the dimension themes.

chadiln no está en línea Stack level 1

hi everyone,

I just downloaded the 4.2 firmware update. I have a 8700 g and performed the upgrade. After the first "waiting for device initialization" my 8700g's screen shows a black and white icon of a window with a cross over it. Below that icon is the number 507.

Now my device will not connect to my pc. Taking out the battery didn't help.

Is my 8700g bricked?

Chad

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~gonna try the chinesse version when I get home. Maybe it will fix the small browser issues I'm having

PIN/ID
    retired

Has anyone outhere been able to find a way to create new themes for 4.2??? Is there a way to hack the 8100 v4.2 themese to make theme work on the 8700 ???
    Who are the true geeks out there !! LOL JOKE

PIN/ID
    retired

Chinese version is much more stable.... I vent from the Ven. to the Chinese and found it much much better !!!!

junbalog no está en línea Stack level 1

how can i downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1?

bmwmpower no está en línea Stack level 2

I need 10 posts so PM diablo to get the software.. for myfaves on my 8700g!

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by chadiln
    hi everyone,

I just downloaded the 4.2 firmware update. I have a 8700 g and performed the upgrade. After the first "waiting for device initialization" my 8700g's screen shows a black and white icon of a window with a cross over it. Below that icon is the number 507.

Now my device will not connect to my pc. Taking out the battery didn't help.

Is my 8700g bricked?

Chad
    Chad, being that it's been a few days, I'm assuming that you've went and selected another theme to find that your BB is just fine. If not, the black and white screen is okay. Not sure why it does it, but your BB is not a brick. Just select another theme and you will be good to go.

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371
    Should I wait for cingulars version?

AztecUK no está en línea Stack level 1

Just for info, I successfully updated my UK T-Mobile 8700g to v4.2, using the link in the early part of this thread, works a treat!

Advantages:-

1. New Setup Wizard
    2. More secuity options
    3. Media Mananger, can now transfer pictures and ringtones
    4. Bluetooth has more features like file transfer
    5. Alarm seems to work properly now, seems iffy in my last TMobile UK version
    6. Theme preview
    7. Seems to add GPS option in settings, presume it would now work with Bluetooth GPS
    8. Text message countdown from 160 characters, this is useful!

Think the only issue I had so far was with the BB Dimension Today theme, had a text message or two which would not delete, switched themes and this problem went away, also did prefer one of the themes on v4.1 Tmob UK. I already had v4.1 Tmob UK downloaded, after the upgrade I actually tried out the downgrade, it worked fine, so I can say it does go from v4.2 to v4.1 without issues.

After downgrading I upgraded again as I don't really want to downgrade, definately worth trying out I would say!! - Only had the 8700g for a week or so, recently unlocked to all network, second day I had it working I went ahead with this update and glad I did!!

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ellandry
    Should I wait for cingulars version?
    You could, but it would be something very similar to this. Yeah, you wouldn't have to delete the vendor.xml file and use the hacked .alx file to get your themes, but it would be somewhat the same. It's always something that if you don't like it, you can downgrade back to 4.1 OS. That's my two cents (I'm on Cingular too, FYI).

chadiln no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo
    Chad, being that it's been a few days, I'm assuming that you've went and selected another theme to find that your BB is just fine. If not, the black and white screen is okay. Not sure why it does it, but your BB is not a brick. Just select another theme and you will be good to go.

Hi Dlsolo,

I found out that I got the Error 507, and the device OS did not load due to some corrupt files. In the end I ended up upgrading my DM to the latest, ver 4.2 SP1. Rebooted the PC and plugged in the 8700g and it started to run the firmware update.

So now it runs okay, but my 4.2 has only one theme. At least it is working now.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,
    Chad

blingladen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21C6496F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~made the install of 4.2 today. A bit sluggish initally, which seems improved with use. Any suggestions for an AIM client? OZ doesn't play well on 4.2.