Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content providers will offer a range of PUSH services powered by BlackBerry Web Signals that ... Blackberry Developer Conference forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

DevCon: RIM Takes Push to a New Level with BlackBerry Web Signals

Advertisement

Content providers will offer a range of PUSH services powered by BlackBerry Web Signals that enable customers to stay connected with news, weather, sports, entertainment, financial information and more.

BlackBerry Developer Conference
    - Research In Motion today announced the availability of the new BlackBerry Web Signals technology for the BlackBerry developer community.

BlackBerry Web Signals leverages RIM's unique push technology to allow online content providers to automatically notify BlackBerry smartphone users when relevant content has been published and to allow streamlined, one-click access to the online information. With online content services powered by BlackBerry Web Signals, BlackBerry smartphone users can spend less time searching the web and more time connecting directly to the content that matters to them personally.

"BlackBerry Web Signals technology allows content providers to engage their customers on a whole new level and to make mobile web access a much more interactive and personalized experience," said Alan Brenner, Senior Vice President at Research In Motion. "Push technology makes a night-and-day difference to the mobile experience and BlackBerry Web Signals will help online content providers add value for their customers while driving significant additional traffic to their web sites."

BlackBerry Web Signals technology leverages BlackBerry push APIs to enable content providers to push relevant and timely alerts to BlackBerry(R) smartphone users based on a customer's opt-in preferences. Several members of the BlackBerry developer community are already set to launch services powered by BlackBerry Web Signals technology:

"CBC is pleased to be working with RIM on this unique service for BlackBerry smartphone users," said Steve Billinger, executive director, CBC digital programming and business development. "CBCNews.ca is Canada's favourite destination for online news and information. Through our multiple mobility services, we deliver the day's headlines and breaking news to Canadians when, where and how they want to access them. With the innovative CBC service powered by BlackBerry Web Signals, users can have instant notification of breaking news and access it as it happens."

"The BlackBerry Web Signals technology allows our customers to access their favorite music and get alerts, right on the home screen of their BlackBerry smartphone, of new tracks from their favorite artists on Dada.net," said Daniel Cohen, Vice President, Business Development, Dada Entertainment. "A large number of our customers use BlackBerry smartphones, and this new technology makes it easier than ever for them to experience The Dada Music Movement wherever they go."

"Thumbplay adds thousands of pieces of new entertainment content every week," said Are Traasdahl, CEO and Founder of Thumbplay. "With BlackBerry smartphones being the most popular handsets used by our members, the new Web Signals technology is a terrific way for us to keep many of our customers up-to-speed on the latest music, games and videos."

"washingtonpost.com readers will soon have the opportunity to receive enhanced breaking-news alerts on their BlackBerry smartphones, making it even easier to access our coverage wherever they are." said Peter Barclay, Director of Mobile Services for Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive. "With the new Web Signals technology, users can see when a new story has been posted to the site. The washingtonpost.com icon on their BlackBerry smartphone's home screen will change to reflect a breaking political story, sports piece or other topics of coverage that users sign up to receive."

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    nice. finally some new push content.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This sounds like yet another way to send spam.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hope there are lots of sports applications with instant scores!

kalel434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    very cool i like it

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This can be really nice if used correctly

can someone explain to me in everyday terms what this means? im kinda confussed i thought blackberry already support push services

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't get AccuWeather web signals to work. I accept the terms and it tells me I need to accept the terms...meh.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

bsubenvis no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same thing here~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    I downloaded the NYTimes, reuters, and Fox new web signal apps and hate them. They are just home screen links to the news pages that change when there are 'breaking' stories. Then you have to load the link in the browser. Isn't this what rss readers were created for? I was really expecting much more.

I hate that this was such a negative rant but I was just very let down by the aforementioned programs. Hopefully this is developed into something more useful.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Oh, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete the links. They don't seem to show in applications or service books.

im sure its just like that for nw keep in mine these were just first tiem releases over time it will get better when they know how to use the service better and moer advanced apps will be released

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by disctosser View Post
    Oh, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete the links. They don't seem to show in applications or service books.

Not sure on all of them but on rueters open it up and scroll to the bottom of the page gives an opton to remove.

Tried to get Fox news and accuweather just to test them out and unable to get either one.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 10-28-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: update

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Thanks cowboy!

Mackdaddy, I hope you are correct and that is my assumption as well, that they will improve in the near future. I was just very excited about the new expanded push implementation only to be let down by what was offered.

Here's to the future eh?

haha def to the future not to mention blackberry has implied to a much better blackberry browser coming along so maybe thats another piece of the puzzle if it indeed going to work witht he browswer im going based of RIM's reptuation that they fix bugs glitches to mke it work flawlessly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast