Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Link's working now. Give it a try.... Blackberry Developer Conference forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Link's working now. Give it a try.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Been messing with this a while this morning very nicely done.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    it is data intensive
    It sure is. It looked nice, but I took it off.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsbcc View Post
    It sure is. It looked nice, but I took it off.
    jr (and jscott for that matter), you can tailor it to not download so much data - numbers of articles, size of articles, etc. I don't see any reason to remove it if you like new before you try to alter it to your liking. (just opinion, not criticism)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I downloaded it and I must say it is a very nice app. Very clean and professional, also I see a few of you were worried about how data intensive this app maybe but before deleting it I would suggest try tweaking it to your liking first, you can get rid of the new channels that are of no interest to you and thus cut back on the extra data.
    Ebanga
    <Message sent via BlackBerry 8320>

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    It's nice. The only other problem I've run into is that it won't let me select the upper tabs anymore... maybe I'll reinstall.
    "Who Dares Wins"

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Way better UI than Viigo, love the hi-res photo. However, for the first several minutes when I opened the app, it kept updating and that made the system quite unresponsive.

I am using a T-mo curve, with 4.5.081 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by hchai View Post
    Way better UI than Viigo, love the hi-res photo. However, for the first several minutes when I opened the app, it kept updating and that made the system quite unresponsive.

I am using a T-mo curve, with 4.5.081 OS.
    I think when you 1st open it it has A LOT of stuff to download - that should be only the 1st time. As I said before, you can tailor it to download less and the frequency of how often it does it too. Good luck.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Mmm... Really nice app I must say, but even with some tailoring it had my 8310 down to its knees speedwise. More hourglass than fun, so unfortunately I had to uninstall...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I guess the AP service IS a little cycle-intensive. I find myself wanting to eliminate certain categories altogether that I'm not interested in updating/reading. I don't think they made provisions for that. Too bad all these news services are trying to everything to everyone. This is about the 4th news service I have on my BB - N Y Times, CNN, MSNBC - plus several other financial news services that I use. I don't think there's enough need, time or battery to handle all of them. (Did I say I'm a news junky?)

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9
    I do like this application, but it brought my 8310 its knees! It had to reboot over and over again to gain control back. I will try again and try to trim it down to just what I want. Otherwise, I will delete it again.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    So I played with the settings and
    -reduced the amount of data to be downloaded,
    -set it not to update when app is opened,
    -set it not to update when connectivity returns,
    -set it to update every 4hrs,
    -removed news tabs I don't need.
    and now it runs much better now. Doesn't lag ma phone as much as it used to.
    My only problem now is it brings this error message every time I open an article. Veeeery annoying grr! Anyone know a fix?

404 - Not Found (java.io.IOException: 404 - Not Found)

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    Not meant for a Curve, lag time is aWwwwwfull

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12