Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TiVo Inc., the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders ... CTIA Wireless IT & Ent. 2008 forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CTIA: RIM & TiVo Partner: TiVo Mobile Entertainment on BlackBerry!

Advertisement

TiVo Inc., the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVRs), and Research In Motion, a global leader in wireless innovation, today announced a partnership to bring customized TiVo services to the BlackBerry wireless platform.

The first software application from RIM and TiVo is expected to be available later this year.

The new relationship brings TiVo and RIM together to develop a variety of mobile entertainment services that marry RIM’s leading BlackBerry smartphones with the content delivered to consumers through the Emmy-winning TiVo service. Initially, BlackBerry smartphone users will gain the convenience of being able to discover what shows are on and schedule television recordings while away from the living room and on the go. Future collaboration between the companies will focus on software applications that further simplify mobile access to video content.

"TiVo subscribers will soon be able to wirelessly control their TiVo DVRs using a BlackBerry smartphone -- anytime, anywhere -- and that is a powerful example of how our respective technologies can complement each other to serve our mutual customers," said Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO of Research In Motion. "As the BlackBerry smartphone continues its evolution as a modern lifestyle device, the importance of home entertainment integration will continue to grow and TiVo will be the key in providing consumers with greater flexibility in accessing television content."

"TiVo continues to transform and revolutionize the way people control and watch television and broadband video," said Tom Rogers, CEO and President of TiVo Inc. "RIM and TiVo share a commitment to great user experiences, which cause our products to become seamlessly integrated into the consumer’s lifestyle. We also share a vision for the future of mobile entertainment services and we look forward to a variety of future innovations as a result of this relationship."

Thanks pdnmiami

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow. Two of my favorite technologies coming together! Awesome!

Was also happy to see that DirecTV and TiVo recently put aside their differences and are once again collaborating on a TiVo-based HD DVR!

shellready no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can't wait for this!!

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Was also happy to see that DirecTV and TiVo recently put aside their differences and are once again collaborating on a TiVo-based HD DVR!
    That a fact? That was the whole reason I cancelled my DirecTV service, when my DirecTV Tivo unit broke, it was wayyyy past when the whole issue between the two happened, so they could only replace it with a DirecTV DVR, which sucked horribly. Maybe I can go back to DTV soon. I won't be without my TiVo or Blackberry!

ETA: Hope they will make another one for DirecTV that won't be strictly HD, I'm without :-(
    Last edited by rmerck; 09-11-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Quote Originally Posted by rmerck View Post
    That a fact? That was the whole reason I cancelled my DirecTV service, when my DirecTV Tivo unit broke, it was wayyyy past when the whole issue between the two happened, so they could only replace it with a DirecTV DVR, which sucked horribly. Maybe I can go back to DTV soon. I won't be without my TiVo or Blackberry!

ETA: Hope they will make another one for DirecTV that won't be strictly HD, I'm without :-(
    Yes sir. The device will supposedly be available the 2nd half of '09. Don't want to hijack the thread, though!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    should be very interesting.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Impressive information provided by Hayden and staff today regarding major programs and developments. Much gratitude

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    OMG!!!!!!!!

That is some SWEET CANDY!!!!!!!
    Dam I never thought that could happen.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Rmerck! I can sooo relate. We are on our THIRD HD-DVR from DTV. The latest one makes this horrible grinding sound. The response from DTV was to put it into an entertainment cabinet that has doors you can close its in my bedroom.

This is a really good move for RIM. I can't wait for the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Rmerck! I can sooo relate. We are on our THIRD HD-DVR from DTV. The latest one makes this horrible grinding sound. The response from DTV was to put it into an entertainment cabinet that has doors you can close its in my bedroom.

This is a really good move for RIM. I can't wait for the finished product.
    Ugh. I'm about to get one of these. Are they that bad? I can't stand my current set up (TiVo Series2 thru my DirecTV HD receiver) and don't want to wait another year for the DirecTiVo.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I am so excited. Its a dream come true. I love my Tivo, no where near as much as I love my bb tho. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    That's nice but I don't have tivo here in Colombia south America.. Sounds cool however. You know what would be nice.. To be able to watch TV shows on your BB. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad
    I think I just fell in love!

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I wish i had that for my DVR box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast