Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MapQuest today announced the beta launch of MapQuest 4 Mobile, a free, downloadable application that ... CTIA Wireless IT & Ent. 2008 forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CTIA: New MapQuest 4 Mobile Beta for BlackBerry - Free Download!

Advertisement

MapQuest today announced the beta launch of MapQuest 4 Mobile, a free, downloadable application that extends MapQuest.com capabilities to compatible BlackBerry smartphones.

Download MapQuest 4 Mobile via BlackBerry at: www.mq4m.com

Initially, the MapQuest 4 Mobile service will be available via Sprint on the BlackBerry 8830 and AT&T on the BlackBerry 8800, 8820, and 8310. Support for many additional handsets will roll out over the coming months. For additional information about MapQuest 4 Mobile please visit http://www.mapquest.com/mq4m.

MapQuest 4 Mobile offers users an easy-to-use interface and the same accurate directions and maps they rely on from the MapQuest.com site. Local search is also accessible, enabling users to search for businesses by proper name or category. Additionally, MapQuest 4 Mobile provides hybrid imagery, traffic and incident information as well as a GPS "find me" feature which locates a user and tracks the progress to their destination. MapQuest 4 Mobile also utilizes smaller map tiles allowing for faster downloads and quicker screen refresh.

"Smartphones are growing at a record pace and this an important market segment to address as more users rely on their phones for maps and directions," said Christian Dwyer, Senior Vice President and GM, MapQuest. "MapQuest 4 Mobile is our next-generation service that mirrors the intuitive interface and simplicity that MapQuest is known for."

MapQuest 4 Mobile is the latest addition to MapQuest's suite of mobile products which include voice-guided navigation from MapQuest Navigator, WAP site at http://www.mapquest.com, and Send To Cell, Garmin and OnStar functionality. The newest mobile product continues MapQuest's on-going mission of providing mobile services that help consumers get to where they need to go, anytime, anywhere.

[Read More]

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Thanks, going to download now

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    good looking... will get this....thanks Hayden

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Oh seems it's not avail yet for all smartphones.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yeah, i have an 8100 and it told me that MQ 4 beta hasn't been built for all models yet

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wonder if the GPS portion will work for Verizon when its available for the curve.
    If not I dont see no reason to getting this since I already have Google Maps.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

schwoce no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon gets us again - for now

My VZW 8830WE with Google Maps can triangulate my position to a 1700m radius which is pretty much useless. My old AT&T 8820 could get within a 3m radius which was great (also using triangulation, GPS disabled). Too bad MapQuest looks like they are only working on GPS-enabled phones. I would love to see if they can be any more accurate with the triangulation approach. This Verizon thing is really p*ssing me off. I'm going to get with an AT&T rep and try to pitch to our IT guys to go back to AT&T. We have had nothing but problems with VZW. Sorry, had to vent. Thanks for the info though Hayden. You and your team do an awesome job with this site.

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73
    Thanks for the heads up, Hayden!

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you much Hayden! I think Google is more accurate than Mapquest but I'm going to give it a chance... ALMOST every app deserves at least that much...

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm, i dont know google maps works fine for me! it's awesome, seems like mapquest is a lil late for the berry.
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I emailed mapquest one time because their book, had my house number listed on the wrong page (it was on the edge as well as about a mile worth of others on the edge house addresses, and in appreciation they sent me the current mapquest disk version and a new map book :P
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

eargazum01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

downloaded for sprint 8830 and works great. even shows the price of gas at stations that are near you. great find Hayden!

doctorklein no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tested it out on my 8830 with gps puck. This is a nice app if you like to walk with gps. It has no voice nav so its not good for driving. Pretty UI but, lack functionality. I get the same info with my google maps, and voice nav from amazegps. Deleted.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    This app is trying to catch up but I'll stick to google maps

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast