Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok I dont post for help often but im clueless on this one. I just ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

braz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Yahoo IM+Sprint+8703

Advertisement

Ok I dont post for help often but im clueless on this one. I just got the new 8703e (love it) I got everything running but have 2 issues that I would like to throw out to some of you that have had the 87xx longer than me.

First I dl Yahoo IM, installed, rebooted, resent service books, etc and still all I get is; please goto bb dot com/go/yahoo to register. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still the same. Any advise on this one??

Also using the Desktop Manager> App Loader I am unable to remove anything from the phone such as Password Keeper or other Languages. I was able to do this on my 7250. Is this normal on the 87xx?

Thanks in advance
    braz

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Yahoo IM+Sprint+8703

In response to your second question about Desktop Manager, I am able to remove languages as well as Password keeper program from my 8700g. I'm not absolutely sure but this may be limited if you do not have a copy of the handheld OS installed on your computer or laptop. Any pros in the house? Bumpity Bump!

PIN/ID
    Ask

I have the software fully installed. I am able to sync data, PIM, etc just the app loader seems to not work for some reason.

PIN/ID
    Ask

This is what it says when trying to connect to App Loader;

"The Blackberry Desktop Sofware does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or sys admin."

Sprint has NO CLUE matter of fact when I called the tech support said she didnt know the new bb was out. (What a joke they are)

Im not on a BES so I know that cant be the problem.

any adivse ?

PIN/ID
    Ask

Just incase anyone else has this problem with the app loader I fixed it by installing a file from RIMS website I cant post the link so PM me if u need to .

Braz

PIN/ID
    Ask

Bump, No one has had or is having this problem with Yahoo im?? Its driving me insane!! I noticed that I dont have a service book for yahoo but yet my old 7250 does have it. Any ideas.....?

tks
    braz

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

I just downloaded YIM as well.. nothing, tells me the exact same thing, however, I'm on Cingular, with an 8700c

PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    I just downloaded YIM as well.. nothing, tells me the exact same thing, however, I'm on Cingular, with an 8700c
    Thank you for attempting at least i know now its not just me LOL Maybe there is a problem with the new version Yahoo has released ??

PIN/ID
    23D11279

From what I've been reading. Cingular doesn't allow you to use it. So as a cingular customer I'm hosed. Don't know if maybe verizon has the same thing.

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    Ask

Im on sprint hence the title I had it working fine for 18 months on my 7250.

PIN/ID
    23D11279

Sorry,

The guy on the other thread had verizon... Forum confusion... lol Maybe sprint changed there policy?! I used to work for them, and it's possible they changed the agreement on that.....

PIN/ID
    Ask

Its driving me up a wall!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    23D11279

I would be willing to bet they took the ability away... Sprint is really good at changing things and not telling anyone... including staff and customers. How far up the chain have you called? Just the customer service line? If so, call in again, and get to the tier 1 techs and such. I think still have a phone number that is direct to the tier 1 tech support.

Dr. Woo

PIN/ID
    Ask

Their responce was sorry we dont support 3 party apps. Im convinced that the 8703e on Sprint isnt suppored yet with yahoo.

I even wiped my NEW device clean and reinstalled.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

It irritates me to Hell and back that the Yahoo icon is included with OS downloads but as described above, you just go 'round in circles between the PC and device. I'm with O2 UK and they don't want to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast