I just noticed that my BB has the worst reception out of all my cell ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wrangler04 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the worst reception inside w/ my BB thinking about trading in.

Advertisement

I just noticed that my BB has the worst reception out of all my cell phones I have owned. I cant talk in any building let alone my own house. I have cingular and they are supposed to have the fewest droped calls but I lost reception outside 2 times in 5 min. I cant call anyone inside. This BB is pissing me off and Im thinking about getting a different phone I have only had it for 3 weeks. What do yall suggest?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: I have the worst reception inside w/ my BB thinking about trading in.

Are your other phones on Cingular? Have you tried any tricks to boost reception? Have you asked Cingular about it?

My friends locally can't stand at&t and are always complaining about bad signal and service. Maybe a new provider.....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's wierd, BB's have been made quad band recently. I see you use an 8700, that's quad band. You should be getting good coverage.

BB's have usually been the best, or up there, with holding reception. The only other manufacture that has better service is Nokia, from my experience.

I suggest you check the coverage map and see if your provider offers good signal in your area. Also you might want to ask other people with other service providers, how their service is in similar areas.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I have poor reception in my home as well. I have TMO. My wife has a different brand of phone, she shows the same amount of reception bars as I do, but she can hold onto calls better than my BB's can. I have called TMO on two occasions and filed complaint reports. I just heard that TMO is trying to build a tower in my town, close to my home. People are trying to fight it, of course. They must have other providers. In fact they have lawn signs saying "Say No to T-Mobile Tower". They say the towers cause birth defects. It's definitly not the main trunk power lines going through their back yards. I guess I'm trying to say call your provider and yap a little. At the very least, if they think your going to jump ship, they may make make you a sweet offer on an upgrade.
    Andy

eseayen22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F898F0

Keep in mind it depends on where your home is too. no one has good reception at my sisters house where the area is a brand new area but at our house 20 minutes away we all have full reception...... then you get into rural areas and your prety much S.O.L. so it might be your just not in a good area too.......

wrangler04 no está en línea Stack level 1

well I talked to the lady today and she said there is nothing they can do about the signal problem. Every one else but me has a good signal in the house its stupid. With todays technology it shoudl be the best reception.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Are all the other phones on the same carrier?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Are all the other phones on the same carrier?
    That's what I'm still wondering and we still don't have an answer. If the other phones are with other carriers then switch. No carrier will guarantee coverage indoors so you have to find one that has good coverage in your home if that matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler04
    With todays technology it shoudl be the best reception.
    It has nothing to do with "todays technology". Every carrier has holes in coverage and it's up to you to find one that has coverage where you need it. Always select your carrier based on coverage first. A wireless device without a solid network behind it is useless -- regardless of how awesome customer service is, how cheap the plans are, or how new the devices are.

zcat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23dbe795

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler04
    well I talked to the lady today and she said there is nothing they can do about the signal problem. Every one else but me has a good signal in the house its stupid. With todays technology it shoudl be the best reception.
    This happened to me, and was still happening, when I took my SK3 off my plan. I could be chatting at home and lose signal on it. Much less frequent with the BB but I used to chat with people on it who didn't have BB's. Maybe one day Danger will update their towers to something better.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I tried out the Curve for a couple of days and end up returning it because I don't have a good reception at my house, I get EDGE 1-2 bars.. Dropped phone calls, internet doesn't work, if it does it's really really slow. Good thing they have a 30 day trial.. I'm stickin with T-Mobile right now.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Coverage & few complaints is exactly why I stay with VZW despited their slowness upgrading & their higher prices. I was wondering if it would make a difference 2 do an OTA update with your carrier?