Hello everyone. I have a blackberry 8700c that will not work with mobile-ease which is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

muscovs no está en línea Stack level 1

working with mobile-ease

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I have a blackberry 8700c that will not work with mobile-ease which is the car kit that ford installs in their cars. I keep loseing the signal. I have a 2005 lincol towncar. I heard that rim stated that the only problem they are haveing in connections is only with the mobil-ease. is this true and any ideas on what I could get for a car kit. I was checking out a company named parrot and they say their product will work with it. anyone have information on them. thank you

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: working with mobile-ease

Hello and welcome to pinstack. Can anyone else help our new stacker out?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

http://www.driveblue.com/

Parrot Website.

Nice devices, but expensive.

The car is still under warranty right?

Go to FORD, talk to the service department manager and tell him they have a faulty product and they need to fix it or refund you the money for the upcharge on the kit.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

muscovs, Welcome to PinStack. N8's got the idea, try that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

guys thanks for answering me. the problem is the dearlership reinstalled the kit 3 times. They also happen to be good freinds of mine. they are not installing them in any cars now because of the problem I am haveing. I have talked to the vendor and they are suppose to be working on a solution but it is taking forever. the kit does work with anothe phone i have but not with blackberrys. thanks again

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Go to the dealership. Tell them that this is a very big inconvenience for you and you expect some type of compensation for your time and inconvenience. Tell them that you expect them to do something about this since it was a "dealer installed option".

Trust me, raise enough hell and you will get something, free oil changes, something.

As for the kit, I would tell them to take it out and refund you the money on it because its ridiculous that you are having this problem and you refuse to pay for the kit.

Talk to the General Manager, not the sales manager, not the service manager, but the general manager...

Where are you located and what is the name of the dealership?

Thank you for your responce about the dealership but it won't work with the dearlership because it is the owner of the dealership I am freinds with and they have done everything possible to help me. The car is a 2005 lincoln town car which I bought new. It is now 2 years old with 80,000 miles ( I drive a lot for work). The unit works with a nextell phone but it will not work with a blackberry phone (it has blue tooth in it and does work with a cheap adaptor you insert in your lighter socket ) and the problem is with mobile ease. I have been in communications with the vendor( every week I call them) and the story is where the new phones and blackberries are useing different technoligy it is hard to get the old kits to work with them. I believe they said my phone came out with the first generation of blue tooth and now they are working with the second generation of blue tooth, The 8700c blackbery is new. Right now the answer they have given me is they now have that model in stock now and they are doing tests with it now. I just know that before I got my nextell phone I had a blackberry that work sometimes with the system so I got rid of it. The only reason I bought the new one is because I was told that the newer version of bluetooth would work. and it doesn't. I guess if I could have a beef with the store who sold me the blackberry but there is more involved then then I can say in this posting. as I said I am talking with the vendor and where I am thinking about getting a new 2007 lincoln I don't want to have this problem. I would rather have a 3rd party install the kit (not the one that come with the car) but I need to find one that will garrenty me it will work. thank you very much for responding

hello every one. I just found a carkit that motorola has and it is suppose to work with the blackberry and phone I have now. anyone have any information on it before I buy it?

hello everyone. finally got my answer from mobile-ease which is their kit will not work with a 8700c

crouvalis no está en línea Stack level 1

That really baffles me, as I have an 8700c, and it works fine with my MobileEase. Weird.