do videos play on BB's, the one I have is the 8700g, I believe the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

Word Documents & Video

Advertisement

do videos play on BB's, the one I have is the 8700g, I believe the OS I am using is v4.2.1.66.
    I cannot open .doc attachments nor can I see video. I've tried mpegs, avi, wmv, but none of them work.

Any tips?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: Word Documents & Video

None of those audio files will work on your 8700 as there is no media player. You should however be able to view word documents, but they only open as plain text.

I must have broken something while upgrading the phone. I'll dig around and see what I done wrong

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a media player on my 8700g and I am using 4.2.1.85, that darn Chinese OS. I have a couple MP3's on it that I used DM to install to ringtones.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    I have a media player on my 8700g and I am using 4.2.1.85, that darn Chinese OS. I have a couple MP3's on it that I used DM to install to ringtones.

I am using 4.2.1.66, it placed a media player on the phone, the mp3's work fine, but sometimes an error message comes up or I cannot closed the media player out. I didn't try to open a word document with version 4.1, but with the new OS I can open a text file without hassle.