Hey I have a 8700c BB and I configured the delete on under email options ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

whodge03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Won't reconcile deleted emails

Advertisement

Hey I have a 8700c BB and I configured the delete on under email options to both device and desktop. When I plug it into the usb, Everything reconciles up except the messages I deleted. any ideas?

FYI, I'm connected to a BES server and wireless email sync works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Won't reconcile deleted emails

Found this forum and the settings didn't fix the issue, any other suggestions?

Problem:

When an email is deleted from the BlackBerry Wireless Handheld, the email is not deleted from the Inbox in Microsoft Outlook following email reconciliation, or vice versa.

Permanently Deleted Email:
    • When permanently deleting email from the Outlook Inbox, it will not be deleted from the handheld during email reconciliation.
    • If permanently deleting email in the Outlook Inbox, messages must by manually deleted from the RIM BlackBerry handheld.

Empty Deleted Items Folder:
    • Outlook is configured to automatically empty the Deleted Items folder; thus permanently deleting any email will delete messages from the Inbox.
    • Ensure that Outlook is not configured to empty the Deleted Items folder each time Outlook is closed.
      1. In Outlook, from the Tools menu, select Options.
      2. Click the Other tab.
      3. Ensure that the check box beside Empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting is clear (not selected), then click OK.
    Delete On Option Set to Handheld:
    • The Delete On option on the handheld is set to Handheld. As a result, emails deleted on the handheld will not be deleted in the Outlook Inbox after email reconciliation.
    • Change the Delete On option to Mailbox & Handheld.
      1. Scroll to the Messages icon and press Select (to select push the trackwheel in).
      2. Click the trackwheel, select Options.
      3. Highlight the Delete On option.
      4. Click the trackwheel, select Change Option.
      5. Select "Mailbox & Handheld".
        • If the Delete On option is already set to "Mailbox & Handheld", change to "Handheld" and save the settings.
        • Change it back to "Mailbox & Handheld", and save the setting again.
        • This action will refresh the settings on the handheld.
    Reconcile Email Check Box Not Selected:
    • If attempting to reconcile email by clicking the Synchronize Now button in Intellisync, the Reconcile Email check box must be selected.
    • Ensure that the Reconcile Email check box is selected.
      1. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click the Intellisync icon.
      2. Ensure that the Reconcile Email check box is selected.
      3. Click Close.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, if you have BES, why are you using DM to reconcile email?

You don't need to use DM at all.

Wireless reconcile is not instant, there can be a delay of minutes involved. From the message list, go into the menu and select "Reconcile Now". This should clean up and reconcile both inboxes.

When deleting on the BlackBerry, the message is gone, but in Outlook (technically on the Exchange server), it's moved to the Deleted Items folder.

Sorry, but I'm still confused as to why you would plug your BB in to deal with email from the BES account? It's simply not required.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi who, welcome to pinstack. Maybe give us a little better idea of what you are trying to accomplish. If it can be done, someone on pinstack knows a way.

OK, the bes sever only wirelessly sync's the emails, and Calendars you need the DM to update contacts, tasks, and notes......how ever it does not reconcile the deleted messages, at all weather I wait for the bes or do a reconcile with DM. So what im tring to accomplish is when I delete a message in outlook and leave it in the deleted folder how come it doesn't reconcile when I plug it in on the BB, and vise versa. I followed the forum above and configured it properly but it's not working. Is there a firmware flash for a BB 8700c? if so where can I get it..

Thanks

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

you can not reconsile deleted emails once they are gone from your phone the only way to get them is to go directly to the source of your emails

barrythebadger no está en línea Stack level 4

I may be a little confused here, and missing the point altogether. So i'll had my query.............

Our BBs are set to reconcile "Mailbox & Handheld", when mail is deleted from the handheld, it deletes (to deleted items) in Outlook. When mail is deleted from Outlook, should the same mail be deleted from the handheld also? There is a lot of mixed opinion in our office (IT people arguing with dullards), and we're none the wiser. To be honest, this shouldn't be an issue. If it doesn't delete, use your oposable thumb and delete it "manually". But these dullards keep bringing it up!

Is there a definitive for what should happen? Without having to "Reconcile now" all the time? Or connect to DM?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by whodge03
    OK, the bes sever only wirelessly sync's the emails, and Calendars you need the DM to update contacts, tasks, and notes......how ever it does not reconcile the deleted messages, at all weather I wait for the bes or do a reconcile with DM. So what im tring to accomplish is when I delete a message in outlook and leave it in the deleted folder how come it doesn't reconcile when I plug it in on the BB, and vise versa. I followed the forum above and configured it properly but it's not working. Is there a firmware flash for a BB 8700c? if so where can I get it..

Thanks
    You need to set options in Calendar, Address Book, Memos, and Tasks on the device to enable Wireless Sync -- there is absolutely no need to use the Desktop Manager for syncing them.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

OK, the bes sever only wirelessly sync's the emails, and Calendars you need the DM to update contacts, tasks, and notes
    That's incorrect. BES will wirelessly reconcile email (not sync -- no BB syncs email) as well as wirelessly sync calendar, address book, memopad and tasks.

......how ever it does not reconcile the deleted messages, at all weather I wait for the bes or do a reconcile with DM. So what im tring to accomplish is when I delete a message in outlook and leave it in the deleted folder how come it doesn't reconcile when I plug it in on the BB, and vise versa. I followed the forum above and configured it properly but it's not working. Is there a firmware flash for a BB 8700c? if so where can I get it..
    It's highly unlikely that it's a firmware issue. In most of these situations it's a service book issue or a setting on the BB. I'd recommend trying an Enterprise Activation again since you've already checked the Delete On option. I'm assuming that you've also enabled wireless reconciliation for email.

Quote Originally Posted by barrythebadger
    When mail is deleted from Outlook, should the same mail be deleted from the handheld also?
    Honestly, I don't remember. I don't want my BB to mirror Outlook so I've never had it set to do so. From what I recall reconciliation should be 2-way on BES (one of its many advantages over BIS) if you enable it.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-02-2007 at 11:11 AM.