Atleast 5 times a week I have to wipe my handheld and reload. I have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gamorrisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

Why do I have to wipe and reload

Advertisement

Atleast 5 times a week I have to wipe my handheld and reload.

I have a 8700C and all of a sudden it won't connect to the network. I can still make calls and receive SMS messages but can't receive emails or surf the internet. It won't reconnect until I wipe my handheld and reregister it on the network and send the service books. I thought it was some settings I changed or software I installed but it even happens when I just leave the device as is from the factory. This is starting to get very annoying. I have called Cingulars NO help desk and they don't know what it is either. Any help will be appreciated

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Why do I have to wipe and reload

Could be a defective device. I've never had this problem with either of my 8700c's.

PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I was thinking the samething too they said it was functioning properly

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Call Cingular CS and ask for the Data Device Customer Service, explain what is happening and see what they say. Be sure you are talking to Data Device service. And if they say that is normal, ask for their supervisor. I have had my 8700 for almost a year now and have never had to do more than a cold reboot to get it to get EDGE back, unless the network or tower was down. And then a wipe wouldn't have helped.

Rcbjr.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

The funny part when I lose the internet I still have EDGE but it won't load anything receive emails I reset it using ALT CAP DEL I get EDGE back but no connection I remove the battery with the same results

PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

I found one possible solution to this it seamed too work last night I went to the host routing table and registered my device. Had to do this several times before i got my internet connection back