Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the otterbox case has it's own integrated track wheel (it covers the BB 8700 track ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Who uses the OtterBox?

Advertisement

the otterbox case has it's own integrated track wheel (it covers the BB 8700 track wheel, BUT it operates by moving the 8700s wheel). It works very well IMHO. No, I do not work for Otterbox

You also have the option of removing the otterbox track wheel cover and using the regular 8700 wheel (but that also means it's exposed -- not a real issue unless you're working in increment weather).

The case is bulky, and really geared as ruggedized protection. You 're not gonna see it in a board room meeting, but in specific fields by users whose jobs or recreational endeavors are very rough on their electronic goodies.

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

here are some photos. let me know if you need more detailed and i can get them.

the otterbox is actually not too bad to use if you decide to use it.

the keys are easy to press down on as is the trackwheel

the only thing you will want to do is turn your screen brightness all the way up and turn your autodim off, as the case covers the autodim sensor and it will always dim your screen and it is quite difficult to see

wrangler04 no está en línea Stack level 1

holy crap Im glad I didnt purchese the otter box that thing is like a brick!
    Quote Originally Posted by theOutsider
    here are some photos. let me know if you need more detailed and i can get them.

the otterbox is actually not too bad to use if you decide to use it.

the keys are easy to press down on as is the trackwheel

the only thing you will want to do is turn your screen brightness all the way up and turn your autodim off, as the case covers the autodim sensor and it will always dim your screen and it is quite difficult to see

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks Outsider!! It's huge, but I am going to think about it. For my job it would be a huge plus. The cost is kid of a bummer though. I have seen them on ebay for 75 bucks. Thanks again!
    Andy

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Great photos Outsider! As far as worry about the case size, the BB is easily removed from the case. If it will keep your investment safe on the job, you can always tuck into a nice leather holster (or pocket) when you hit the town in the evening or weekends.

Been playing with the the case, and it is a TANK. Definitely a good product, and if you have users who break their BBs often due to the rigor of their daily work in the field....it will keep a lot of extra hassle of getting their device replaced, reactivated to BES, etc.

For $75 it's not a bad price at all for the protection. It's perspective....a $200-$500 device (depending on contract, upgrade, etc) in a protective casing or a plastic holster. Staring at 2 devices where the users' dropped 'em on asphalt and broke their LCD. Not for everyone, but I'm showing them the otterbox as a hint....
    Last edited by reesemachine; 05-30-2007 at 09:55 PM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

If you're interested in getting the otterbox, let me know. Email pinstackusers@blackberryguy.com with subject: OtterBox and let me know what you are looking for and the quantity.

We have a good relationship with them and could probably get some good bulk pricing.

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

yes the otterbox is huge. and funky looking enough if you set it down somewhere and walked away, the local bomb squad and fbi would probably be there within 10 minutes

outdoor2extrm no está en línea Stack level 1

[FONT=Times New Roman]I use the OtterBox to protect my Blackberry 8700! I have to agree that it is bulkier than other cases but I think it’s worth it!! Protecting my expensive device I save a lot of money from ruining it in the outdoors!!! I love how I can use the device so well in the case! I’m always riding my bike and I worry about dropping my phone, but since the OtterBox case is so rugged I’m never worried about breaking my phone anymore!! [/FONT]

Gadget_Guy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

I really want an otterbox... anyone know if it will work with an 8700r

Saddly... the e-bay vendors that have them for $50 and $75 won't ship to Canada apparently..

I really don't want to pay full pop on one if it doesn't work with my model of 8700

D.

irawanjohan no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Who uses the OtterBox?

Wow... It's Blackberry on Steroids... Actually I have bought 3pcs from the us and had them sent to Indonesia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12