Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone use the otter box? I was thinking about getting one since on ebay ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wrangler04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Who uses the OtterBox?

Advertisement

Does anyone use the otter box? I was thinking about getting one since on ebay they are going for $50. How bulky is it? I dont want to be carrying around a brick if u know what I mean. What are yalls opinion on em? I want a case that protects the screen and Keys. I dont want food or dust getting in the keys. I dont want a flimsy leather case with the flimsy screen protector I want hard plastic. What are some other options. Ive looked around and the otter is the closest to what I want.
    Last edited by wrangler04; 05-25-2007 at 11:11 AM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Who uses the OtterBox?

I have not used OtterBox. But if you're looking for a great case for your 8700 and you don't mind paying a few extra bucks, check out Vaja Cases. I have one and I love it. It's saved my screen on more occassions than I can count. Hard plastic screen protector, open keypad an supple leather case.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I have not used OtterBox. But if you're looking for a great case for your 8700 and you don't mind paying a few extra bucks, check out Vaja Cases. I have one and I love it. It's saved my screen on more occassions than I can count. Hard plastic screen protector, open keypad an supple leather case.
    Oooo I like Ill check em out. Im still looking for Otter users.

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

What is otter box?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you don't want bulky then you don't want the Otter Box. It's perfect if you need serious protection but it does add quite a bit of bulk. I haven't used it first hand -- just repeating what other users have said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinejg
    What is otter box?
    Google is your friend...

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Wrangler - I have an OtterBox for an 8700 that we reviewed internally for use by our field teams. If you are an "executive" or if you use the device in a corporate office environment, you may not want the OtterBox. I say this because the case is bulky, but it is geared for a very specific market.

If you are "out in the field" doing work outdoors, in increment weather, construction, emergency restoration, etc., then the OtterBox is a great case. It is drop-proof, water resistant,

It's constructed in AB/Polycarbonate shell. The device is completely usable in the case. As info, the case covers ALL parts of the device (cover for the screen for protection; the external QWERTY keyboard on case protects the keyboard on your 8700; the case covers external ports, but allows opening without removing case so you can charge, sync/backup using desktop manager, etc.; extgernal scrollwheel integrated into case as well to keep the 8700 scrool wheel from being damaged during drop, field work, etc).

I've been using it extensively to test out for our field teams, and I will say if you can get one for $50 off of eBay you will not be disappointed. The reg retail cost is $130 on their site (I'm sure they'd do volume discounts if you're looking at it for your company).

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by reesemachine
    Wrangler - I have an OtterBox for an 8700 that we reviewed internally for use by our field teams. If you are an "executive" or if you use the device in a corporate office environment, you may not want the OtterBox. I say this because the case is bulky, but it is geared for a very specific market.

If you are "out in the field" doing work outdoors, in increment weather, construction, emergency restoration, etc., then the OtterBox is a great case. It is drop-proof, water resistant,

It's constructed in AB/Polycarbonate shell. The device is completely usable in the case. As info, the case covers ALL parts of the device (cover for the screen for protection; the external QWERTY keyboard on case protects the keyboard on your 8700; the case covers external ports, but allows opening without removing case so you can charge, sync/backup using desktop manager, etc.; extgernal scrollwheel integrated into case as well to keep the 8700 scrool wheel from being damaged during drop, field work, etc).

I've been using it extensively to test out for our field teams, and I will say if you can get one for $50 off of eBay you will not be disappointed. The reg retail cost is $130 on their site (I'm sure they'd do volume discounts if you're looking at it for your company).

Hope this helps.
    Well Im in the automotive field, but the thing is I cant keep the phone on the outside cause If I brush up against a customers car it could scratch the car. Will the BB w/ the otter box fit in my front or back pocket?

Well I just got a black aluminum case off of ebay for $25 shipped. It covers every thing but the keys. It protects the screen with plexiglass. I hope it is as nice as it looks.

Spynguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3025E9BC

I have an Otterbox for my 8703 as well as for my Treo. I have to agree that they are quite bulky but that is the trade off for very good protection. The other thing I noticed was that, more so on the Treo than the Blackberry, that audio quality somewhat suffers. Both incoming and outgoing. The Berry case wasn't as bad as the Treo but was still muffled nonetheless. If you are going to use one of these I would highly recommend getting a Bluetooth headset to go with. You can use a wired headset but that completely disintegrates the integrity of the case. I would have no hesitation to recommend one of these for any device. I like to compare them to the Pelican cases in that I would have zero hesitation to put my $4500 Powerbook in one and overhand it across the parking lot. Incidentally I have done this to make a sale on a Pelican case. You can check out their full line at http://www.otterbox.com

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

If you would like, I could take a picture of an otterbox with a device in it and sitting next to other devices that don't have them. Let me know

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Please do Outsider.....I would like to see some good pics of it.
    Andy

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

How quickly are you looking to make a purchase. Would it be okay if I posted them monday or tuesday?

No big hurry for me. Whenever you get a chance is fine. Thanks!!
    Andy

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

def not for backpocket

there are some good pics on http://crackberry.com/otter-box-blackberry-8700-case -- and, of course, http://www.otterbox.com/products/pda...case/index.htm.

Last edited by reesemachine; 05-25-2007 at 11:57 PM.

I would be concerned how well the track whell operated with that cover over it. If it was a pain, that would really bug me. Anybody know?
    Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast