My 2nd-hand BB has a white screen this morning. It won't take calls, yet I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

GregoryA no está en línea Stack level 1

White Screen, solid red LED

Advertisement

My 2nd-hand BB has a white screen this morning. It won't take calls, yet I can sync it via the Mac client.

I searched on the white screen problem and found the reset tricks: I have pulled the battery, done ALT-CAP-DEL, held down the power button for 30s with the battery out, but there is no change in behavior.

The LED stays red for about 5s at startup/reboot. After that, it does not seem to periodically blink like it normally would.

Is this thing dead? I have no warranty on it, but I did get it for free. I was just starting to get used to it and beginning to like it.

Re: White Screen, solid red LED

Follow-up:

After writing this post, I tossed the BB in disgust across the desk (about 1' away.) When I picked it about 3 min later to put it back on the sideboard with my wallet and keys, the phone was back in operation.

<scratches head>

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Did you recently add an app that is not compatible with the OS version you are running? If so, or even if not, you may want to try backing up your data if you can then reinstalling the OS. Follow this thread on how to do it: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Hopefully it will work good again afterwards.

Welcome to the stacks!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Glad it is working again, but if it happens again (which it might) i would probably play it safe and do just as Doughdaddy stated. Back up your BB with Desktop Manager and reinstall the handheld software.

Many thanks to you folks!

This is my 1st BB. My friend and I reset and and wiped it to remove all his previous apps and data. I have not added anything, just the contacts, calendar and notes via PocketMac Sync Manager

I am currenty just using it for a phone (the nokia it replaces was run over by cars) and PIM, syncing with my Mac. I don't have any network access/data provisions in my calling plan.

I will check out the links provided and see what BBOS level I currently have.