OK forgive me - I'm betting this has been answered somewhere - and maybe I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Threxx no está en línea Stack level 1

What program should I use to bluetooth tether an 8700c to my laptop?

Advertisement

OK forgive me - I'm betting this has been answered somewhere - and maybe I just suck at searching, but I have searched this forum and the rest of the internet via google and just find lots of discussions involving the finer details, but nobody actually SAYS what it is that they're using?

I need reliable software that will tether a cingular 8700c via bluetooth to a Windows XP laptop, and not be charged extra by Cingular. By that I mean have them just consider it part of the phone's standard data usage, and not some seperate sort of laptop data plan.

I have to assume this is possible. I've done it via a program called PDANet on my Treo 700w with no problems. But I double checked and PDANet only supports palm OS and window mobile.

Please tell me the 8700c can do this as well...

Thanks!
    Kyle

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

Re: What program should I use to bluetooth tether an 8700c to my laptop?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I know with VZW (8703e) it can be done but you need to sign up for $15 tether service.

Threxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tai
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I know with VZW (8703e) it can be done but you need to sign up for $15 tether service.
    Really? You have to pay 15 bucks a month to Verizon for tethering? Ouch.

I'm actually using Verizon via my 700w and PDANet for free.

Granted, that's not actually allowed by my contract, but being that I pay $30/month for unlimited data on my phone and between my phone and my laptop average all of 10 megabytes a month, they don't seem to take notice either way.

berg80 no está en línea Stack level 1

You might want to try SharkModem. I got it to work with my 8703e on Sprint, and I don't pay anything extra for tethering. It is $50, but they at least allow you to try it out first to see if it works.