When I hook up my 8703 e to my computer a message comes up saying..."In ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ianmoss no está en línea Stack level 1

what does this message mean?

Advertisement

When I hook up my 8703 e to my computer a message comes up saying..."In order for message redirection to funciton properly a new encryption key will have to be generated." So, I click OK. Then it says move the mouse around. I do then it says..."The computer does not know its message account address. Either the messaging system is not configured properly or this messaging system is not supported." If it's talking about emails, I'm getting all my email to my phone. I have an MSN account. What do I do? Thanks. Plus once I get it working, am I able to put stuff on my phone from my computer? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Ian

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: what does this message mean?

When you installed the desktop manager did you pick BIS or BES/outlook redirector? Sounds like it is trying to connect to an exchange server that is not there. You may have to reinstall and chose BIS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: what does this message mean?

That's right -- encryption keys are only generated via Desktop Manager for BES. Perform a clean uninstall, reboot, and reinstall using the BIS/Internet option.