What do I have to do to get my new 8700C from cingular to play ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gamorrisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

What do I have to do???????

Advertisement

What do I have to do to get my new 8700C from cingular to play myy custom ringtones and ringtones downloaded from websites other that cingular. I have been looking for the answer on the forums here and everywhere and it seems nobody has been able to do it

Thanks in advance

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: What do I have to do???????

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8700s play mp3s. There is a post full of websites that have them. There is also a program we bought on handago that converts the mp3s and places them online for you.
    Use the browser to play the song, go to the menu and click save. Then in profiles pick the tunes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by gamorrisiii
    What do I have to do to get my new 8700C from cingular to play myy custom ringtones and ringtones downloaded from websites other that cingular. I have been looking for the answer on the forums here and everywhere and it seems nobody has been able to do it

Thanks in advance
    What problem are you having with downloading ringtones? Once I got the settings correct, I have never had a problem downloading correctly formated mp3 or wav files to my 8700c. What OS are you running on your BB, are You still using the original OS? If so, you might want to try upgrading to a later version from a different carrier.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

I am using the latest os i have verified that. I download the files and they will not play. I have tried all formats but the only ringtones I have been able to get to work on my device are ringtones from cingulars media net all the other sites ringtones do not work they are just blank

PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

After much digging around I found a link at tuneusin.com in their forums about cingular's 8700c not having the latest software to play mp3's it directed my to a site where it describes how to update your device OS. I can not post the link to the upgrade site because of my stack level not high enough but message me and i will send you the link if you are interested it allows me to play 99% of the songs i download now

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

For all those looking for 8700c OS software, as suggested by gamorrisiii, you can go to the Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) thread and select one of the providers that carry the 8700, such as Tmo, Vodafone, O2, or Bharti use that link to get to the BB OS Download site.

I imagine that the problem lies with the earlier (read Cingular) OS required the ringtones to be saved as Mono to work. Apparently the later OS versions don't.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Garrison no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DA5687

Hey Gamorrisiii I just upload my file to here. Then go to my wap browser download it. Then go to my profiles and change my ring when it out of the holster.

http://www.coolservice.dk/en/compatibilities.php
    Have you seen my stapler?