I learned something today that answered many questions about the problems I have been having ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

xoprodox no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Water Damage Indicator

Advertisement

I learned something today that answered many questions about the problems I have been having with my 8700g. If you remove the back cover, you will see a white small square lower left. Well, this white square turns red when the 8700 takes a dive. Wish I knew this before I purchased it. If this is an old thread I appologize, just wanted to let buyer beware especially on Ebay.

xoprodox no está en línea Stack level 1
    And yes it is for sale..

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    My 8700c indicator is red, and I know it never took a dive. However I was caught out in a huge rainstorm. I put it in my pocket to sorta protect it. It turned the indicator red, but it still works 100%.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    I had mine sitting next to my waterbottle I think. Always wondered about that red square thing. Works fine but now out of warranty

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Almost all (relatively) new mobile devices have this white/red square under the battery; it's not just a phenomenon of BlackBerry.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~all I can tell you guys is its very sensitive. Even steam in the shower can cause it to turn red. So do not expose your device to water at all. Just a friendly rminder

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request
    Even though they are working now, water damage is like cancer, it will eventually spread. There are techs out there that can dip them and sometimes ward off the damage, but there are no guantees that it won't eventually kill your unit. And all "cellphones" have that indicator in some manner

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That indicator is not for the warranty at all it is use for the reseller that usually send them to warranty 'cause if I send one who's water damaged I have to pay $25 'cause I didn't check the red dot... Sometimes the red dot won't work and sometimes it is red but there is no water in the device so no warranty problem... I sent one the other that my customer told me was not watered and he was repaired without any prob....

Just my 2 cents
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r