I'm sending this out as a big heads up for all BB 8700 users. I've ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mobilecontrl no está en línea Stack level 1

WARNING: T-Mobile 8700g and Magmic.com's "Jackpot City Slots" causes JVM ERROR 102!

Advertisement

I'm sending this out as a big heads up for all BB 8700 users. I've download practically all of Magmic.com's video games for the BB 8700g and never once had I had any problems until today. I downloaded "Jackpot City Slots" and didn't care too much for it so decided to uninstall the game. As normal, I was prompted to restart the device to complete the uninstallation process. Upon retarting, I received a gray screen with JVM Eorror 102 and only one option, which was to reset. So, I was a bit confused and selected to reset. Once it reset, it still prompted me with the same error. I cannot access ANYTHING in the device. So, I called T-Mobile's PDA department and it took them a little while to even find the JVM Error 102 because apparently it rarely happens. Once they found it, they said my only option was to attempt to reload all of the software through the Desktop Manager. I tried this many times, and still received an error stating that my PC could not connect to the BB 8700g. So, I called the PDA department once more, and was told that my only option is to send it in and they will be sending me a "new or like new" BB 8700g, which means my sorry *** is receiving a refurbished phone instead of a brand new replacement. I'd much rather them just fix mine and send it back to me then to send me some crappy refurb. that I have no idea what's been done to it. All in all, I've lost EVERYTHING on my BB 8700g and can't get anything back except for some refurbished piece of crap. I RECOMMEND EVERYONE WITH AN 8700G TO NOT DOWNLOAD "JACKPOT CITY SLOTS" AND YOU CAN SURE AS HELL BET I WON'T BE DOWNLOADING ANYTHING FROM MAGMIC AGAIN.

I had nothing else on this phone except Google Maps. So I can't see this being user fault in any way. Not to mention, "Jackpot City Slots" had some perculiar lagging when run. My weekend sucked...what a fantastic way to end it!

T-Mobile:

- HTC MDA Vario
    - Blackberry 8700g
    - Motorola V360

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: WARNING: T-Mobile 8700g and Magmic.com's "Jackpot City Slots" causes JVM ERROR 102!

Did you send it back already, I hope not. This has happened many times here and the solution is alot easier than you think, and best part about it, you may not have to send your phone in. Let me know...

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: WARNING: T-Mobile 8700g and Magmic.com's "Jackpot City Slots" causes JVM ERROR 102!

Instructions courtesty of pentace....
    you need to reinstall the software. you can download the newest version here. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6 if you follow my instructions step by step it will fix your BB.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Little piece of advice: I don't delete applications through the Applications list on the BB itself. I always delete stuff using Desktop Manager. Don't know much it would help the situation, but just a little help.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have a tmo 8700g. Tried the game, dl ota and uninstalled on my bb with no problems. Not sure it was the game itself.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I dont think its the game either. I have had error messages with games, with themes, and just for the heck of it. I mostly get the error when I download themes, while others can download them fine, and I can download them fine other times. I cant say why the error was caused, maybe what erica said could help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have 2 games from magmic on my BB and they work fine. It may be something else that caused the problem.

mobilecontrl no está en línea Stack level 1

I got it fixed guys. cp6169, I ended up posting on BlackBerryForums as well and they immediately responded with the steps you recommended. Unfortunately, I lost everything in the phone, but at least I don't have to deal with sending it back and T-Mobile sending me some ghetto refurbished one. Thank you all!

And like some of you said, it may not have been the game. I'm not 100% sure. I've downloaded all of Magmic's games and this was the first time I had a problem. Even during gameplay there was some odd lagging.

T-Mobile:

- HTC MDA Vario
    - Blackberry 8700g
    - Motorola V360

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Congrats, Im glad you got it fixed! You will see the stackers here are the smartest on the planet!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Glad you got it figured out!!!!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads