I recently had to upgrade my 8700c from the 4.1 software to 4.2 after replacing ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Newspaper no está en línea Stack level 1

Want fast, 1-handway to unlock keyboard like with 4.1 software

Advertisement

I recently had to upgrade my 8700c from the 4.1 software to 4.2 after replacing handsets. In the old 4.1 software, I was able to unlock the keyboard with one hand simply by clicking the trackwheel twice. The 4.2 software doesn't seem to allow this -- it requires hitting 2 buttons, the asterisk and then the green phone button. This is cumbersome. I want to go back to unlocking the keyboard the old way, by twice clicking the track wheel.

1. How do I do this in 4.2 -- change the keying sequence to unlock the keyboard?
    2. If that isn't possible, how can I jettison the 4.2 software and go back to to 4.1?

RIM, we could use a software work-around on this issue. I want to be able to unlock the keyboard with one hand while not looking at the handset, which can be a little dangerous at times.

Newspaper[/B]

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Want fast, 1-handway to unlock keyboard like with 4.1 software

to date there is not a work around I have seen or found...but if you find one by all means share
    Michael

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Its fully possible with one hand, hit *, send button. If it really bothers you that much use javaloader or jl_cmdr to wipe your device. Download a 4.1 OS and install it like you did the 4.2.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Another option is to activate your password and set it up so you can type it with one hand quickly. Using the password option on my phone I never see the unlock/lock screen since it requires a password to get into the phone.

Zo

Newspaper no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your help.

How do I obtain javaloader or jl>cmdr to wipe my device? Do I download it to my laptpop and wipe the BB via USB connection?

Is the 4.2 and 4.1 we are talking about "service books" or is there a distinction. Currently I have the 4.2 in by bb, and I think two different versions of Desktop Manager on my laptop. And I have a large bb exe. file as well called 8700M_PBr4.2.1_rel155_PL2.3.0.79_A4.2.1.96_ATT.exe . Thus, I have a lot of bb software and I'm not sure what each class of software is which. So, I think I would like to jettison all and start over with the latest version of 4.1. Thank you.

Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Its fully possible with one hand, hit *, send button. If it really bothers you that much use javaloader or jl_cmdr to wipe your device. Download a 4.1 OS and install it like you did the 4.2.

Thank

jetspeedz no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I simply use a 4 char password and you can start typingthe password without rolling on the wheel and it will unlock. For example my pass is 4 p's then enter and unlocks with one hand.

To check what version Os your running on the bb hit alt+cap+h. Also Desktop manager software and OS are different so don't get them mixed up as most think the 4.2DM is the same as the bb OS

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you guys are all lucky. I'm on the BES server, my phone I don't have an option when it comes to locking. The only choice I have is the time 2 - 15 min, other wise after it loks its an 8 digit alpha numeric code! Its fun when u have few to many drinks

gizmoberry no está en línea Stack level 1