I've got my brand new Dell XPS M1330 notebook running Vista Ultimate 32 bit with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vertices no está en línea Stack level 1

VZW 8703e + Vista + Bluetooth = Broken

Advertisement

I've got my brand new Dell XPS M1330 notebook running Vista Ultimate 32 bit with a Dell TrueMobile 355 + EDR builtin Bluetooth. I installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.1 from Verizon. I upgraded my 8703e to 4.2.1.

I am able to pair the 8703e with Vista using the Bluetooth setup in Control Panel. However, BDM doesn't see the device. I just get "no devices found". Everything works fine via USB. But BDM can't find anything with Bluetooth.

Also, after pairing the devices, if I hit connect on my BB to my notebook, it simply says "Headset connection to [laptop name] lost". It doesn't connect. However from the notebook, I can connect the the only service showing "Telephony Audio Gateway" and then both on the laptop and the BB it show connected. But it doesn't actually do anything and BDM still can't find the 8703e.

I have the tethering service from Verizon and would like to get DUN working. I found this post by visortgw:

I stumbled upon a MAJOR benefit to the OS v4.2.1 upgrade on the VZW 8703e -- Bluetooth DUN (dial-up networking) now works! I assume that BroadbandAccess Connect is a prerequisite, which is enabled on my account for $15/month. I simply re-paired my Dell laptop to the 8703e, and I discovered that DUN was now an available service (which, of course, I enabled). I created a new DUN connection using the modem/port combo for the device with username of "1234567890@vzw3g.com" (substitute your BlackBerry number) and password of "vzw". And that's all there is to it -- I'm posting using the PC to Bluetooth DUN connection as we speak! No USB cable required!!!
    On my BB, when I ook at BT options, it has the following listed:

Headset
    Handsfree
    Dial-Up Networking

However in Windows Bluetooth, the only service it sees is "Telephony Audio Gateway". The "Dial-Up" tab is empty.

My main goal is simply to be able to tether my BB to my laptop in order to provide internet access to my laptop via BT and not have to use USB. Like I said, I have the tethering option. The post above from visortgw makes it seem like with this method I shouldn't even need the VZAccess software which I'd rather not install.

Any one have any idea how to fix this? Laptop is brandnew with very little software installed. Basic config.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vertices; 01-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.

vertices no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: VZW 8703e + Vista + Bluetooth = Broken

BTW, I did just install VZAccess and tethering is working just fine via USB. Sure do wish I could do it over BT.